NSW: Track day in December?

It's through the ARDC: http://www.sydneymotorsportpark.com.au/experience/detail/ARDC-TRACK-DAYS/1

Cost is $340 for 6 x 20 minute sessions on the afternoon of December 18.

No affiliation or anything like that - I just want to try my 993 at a little more than what the public roads offer..! 

Cheers,

Could be....do I need a CAMs licence???  Fire extinguisher etc???

I just read over the site, says no cams license needed. 

Curious about extinguisher though.... not that I think its a silly idea to have one in the car at all times. 

It's the damn internet here at work....I can't get the ARDC site to load.

Gavin, I'm seriously interested in this....I'll browse it all tonight from home.  I'll have to source a helmet from somewhere, guessing that my skydiving helmet won't pass scrutiny.  Any suggestions where to get a helmet?  Approximate cost?  Full face or open face?

I'd go full face mate, just incase you need it at a later date for a cams sanctioned event? (best call cams and check) try Rocket industries or the like for safety gear? 

I might see if Autohaus stock the extinguisher kit as they seem to be a rennline reseller... 

Caver you will love it.

I'm doing a track day at eastern creek on the 22nd December on my bike (got some nice slicks just waiting in the garage for it) so may pop around and check you guys out on the 18th.

I have a couple of helmets you can borrow mate and will also get the lining cleaned for you in the ozone washing machine at work so it's nice and clean for you.

Very addictive these track days.

Ps just back from Belgium last week and all cars on the road there must carry a mounted fire extinguisher. Not a bad idea.

The street the family live in there also has one of those new traffic lights which detect the speed of approaching traffic, stick to the limit and they stay green.. Speed and they change to red. Great idea.

• 2 weeks later...

Come'on you guys...it'll be tops!  I've booked my spot.  Think I'll aim the GoPro at the speedo this time....It was too scared to look the last time I was there.   :o

Isnt that the whole idea of a track day, to see how fast you can actually go.

Come'on you guys...it'll be tops!  I've booked my spot.  Think I'll aim the GoPro at the speedo this time....It was too scared to look the last time I was there.   :o

Here is a challenge for you David. Hit 200 km/h before braking for turn 1.  :)

And instead of aiming you gopro at the speedo get yourself harry's lap timer or track app or racecrono or some other smartphone based app (they are cheap enough) that will measure and record your speed and lap times. (will also come in handy when you start bragging about hitting 210+ km/h down the main straight. :P

• 4 weeks later...

Archived