How Many 997 Carrera GTS' sold in Australia

Chris-p

For no other reason than curiosity does any of the oracles out there know how many 997.2 Carrera  GTS's were sold in Australia. This was a special edition run out towards the end of the Model run prior to the release of the 991.

I have only ever seen 2 up for sale so they are either tightly held or there was very few here....

Anyone have any idea?

Easy to miss with all the waffle in their comments. Guy had one at EC last week. They look good especially all that alcantara inside and the X51 power kit would be sweet but the asking price is a bit much IMO over the standard 997 S.

The guy loved it with one problem, standard fit centre lock wheels make life a bit hard on a daily

Ha, yes I vagued out reading the comments. Agree re the cost and the centre lock wheels. I remember when they were first announced. It was a white coupe and blue convertible they used in the marketing. Thought both colours looked great and still do....

C

I followed one for a week in the Porsche Targa Tour 2012, thing went like a scalded cat! My 997 II carrera 4 could keep up with it in the corners but as soon as it saw a hint of a straight the GTS was gone big time.

I'd love to fit the power kit to the Carrera S, slightly costly and I think they'd find my body somewhere shortly there after when the wife found out, but it'd be a blast for the 2 mins I'd be alive to enjoy it.....

Need a wealthy benefactor me thinks...

I thought it was just 20 odd.  One of friends was going to buy one but ended up going for a Aston Martin V8 Vantage instead.  Much to my disappointment (until I saw the AM that is,  aye carrumba what a machine). There was one at nick theodossi for a while, white one. Stunning machine!

Archived