Holden commodore convertible for sale

As custom chop tops go, it's not the worst I have seen. I would guess they used the Opel doors to give a two door look.

But no custom convertible can ever escape the 'tent on the back' look. And for 55k you'd have to be nucking futs to buy. You could make your own twice over for that. Or just buy a real convertible.

This idea was tried by Holden using a VT Monaro back in 2002

The development was contracted out to TWR Engineering with sunroof supplier Edscha. The result was a great looking car that doesnt look like a backyard hack job. Project Marilyn is on display with other concept cars at the Port Melbourne HQ. Like so many of these projects, the numbers didn't stack up. So it remains a one-off.

Pictures and press release http://hotrod.gregwapling.com/prototypes/project-marilyn/index.html

Heh...maybe I can create Byron Bay wedding cars, with the 55k commodore, followed by the 120k 959 klassy. See what Byron does to people's brains!

It's not Byron that does it Chris.

It's all those funny cigarettes they smoke there!

The wheels defy the laws of .............everything. Unbelievable that someone actually paid money for them. I imagine the wheel designer is still laughing with his/her mates about the goose that purchased them.

Archived