OT: Check out the feature clip on Go Pro Website

Wowsers alright!  I love the "snorricam" effect when there is no visible attachment between the camera and the moving subject!  WOWSERS!!!!!  Some computer smarts there....!!!

Great post Amanda.

The boy's good. But strangly he didn't cut it on the WRC stage

No offence to his talent, of which I wish I had 1%of, but what he does is well practised, judging by the skid marks compared to belting along fire trails flat knacker relying someone else telling you which way a corner goes and how fast to take it. The only real similarity is the car

The boy's good. But strangly he didn't cut it on the WRC stage

Not that strange really... he bought his way into the WRC.  There are far more talented rally drivers out the that deserve a factory drive, but few as marketable to the mainstream as Ken Block.  Credit to him though, he has raised the profile of the sport greatly.  And really, i'm just jealous as all f@#k, because I sure were never good enough to make it to the WRC on my driving merit, but if I founded a business as successful as he did with DCShoes and had the cash he does, I too would fill my days hooning the crap out of cars for videos and playing in the WRC!  And yeah Steve, he took the same approach with his Gymkhana vids as he knows from skate videos - film each trick 10 times till the 1 time you nail it, then edit them all together and you look pretty awesome! VERY different than driving a series of stages at full tilt...he had a lot of big crashes showing his inexperience.  Still damn good, just not WRC good.

Not that strange really... he bought his way into the WRC.  There are far more talented rally drivers out the that deserve a factory drive, but few as marketable to the mainstream as Ken Block.  Credit to him though, he has raised the profile of the sport greatly.  And really, i'm just jealous as all f@#k, because I sure were never good enough to make it to the WRC on my driving merit, but if I founded a business as successful as he did with DCShoes and had the cash he does, I too would fill my days hooning the crap out of cars for videos and playing in the WRC!  And yeah Steve, he took the same approach with his Gymkhana vids as he knows from skate videos - film each trick 10 times till the 1 time you nail it, then edit them all together and you look pretty awesome! VERY different than driving a series of stages at full tilt...he had a lot of big crashes showing his inexperience.  Still damn good, just not WRC good.

Similar to Travis Pastrana, amazing talent but the WRC is something else.

Archived