Air Cooled Valve Lash tool

Caledonian

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks, Michel.  After seeing the picture with the tool in situ on the rocker arm and the description of the tool by it's inventor, it all makes sense now.  I was struggling to understand how this tool worked up until now.  Hopefully by now the backorder problem is taken care of.

Don't know what you mean?

whoops, wrong link -  I had found the patent and was hoping you could contact the manufacturer through it. I've since closed the window and can't find it again though

Update:

So after talking to the right person at PP we have now secured a bulk purchase deal that will get you a Valve Lash Tool with a landed cost to your door of no more than $110 AU (based on the bulk purchase deal).

We have six in the group and there would be room for 3 more, so if you are interested please PM me ASAP as we will be putting in the order no later than Monday.  

The inaugural PFA buying group has just brokered and completed it's first bulk purchase deal! 

6 PFA members, in 3 states (sorry 2 states and one territory) saved nearly $50 each and also got the benefit of buying just one thing without the postage cost being silly. 

Huge thanks to Kyle from Pelican Parts and David from Kirk engines Inc. for taking the time to listen to our request and making this happen.

Also the fact that 6 PFA members who have never met before, worked together and contributed to making this happen 

speaks volumes about the positive and trusting culture within the PFA community.  

Great work, Mike. 

Just quietly, we might be the 2nd PFA bulk buy, I think some Swepco was shared around a little while back. This doesn't diminish your achievement though. The big win was getting PP to play the game with us, not against us.   It takes a bit of effort to make this happen, jumping on board was the easy part.

Great work, Mike. 

Just quietly, we might be the 2nd PFA bulk buy, I think some Swepco was shared around a little while back. This doesn't diminish your achievement though. The big win was getting PP to play the game with us, not against us.   It takes a bit of effort to make this happen, jumping on board was the easy part.

No need to buy Swepco from overseas.

You can buy it right here in Melbourne from SLA based in Altona North.

Dave

Great work, Mike. 

+1

Thank you gentleman, doing anything related to that sexy beast of a car of mine is never work only fun.

Here's a a funny story,well I think so. I posted a thread around the end of 2013 regarding a Brisbane supplier for Swepco oil, there were a few posts and as can happen they went off on a tangent a bit but that's what this place is about. Bunch of guys and girls talking cr** amount Porsches,well mostly:)

So I phone this supplier up and told him I'd mentioned his existence on the forum but it did not seem to generate much interest, but I still wanted to buy some. "What do you mean no interest" he says " I've sold the lot and just got some more in!"

Anyway I got a better price and free delivery to my door:)

Archived