All this talk of videos...

All this talk made me curious, so took the son for a quick squirt Friday evening before dinner and had a play with the GoPro position, something a bit different for me, have to say the angle came out well and makes me love the curves of the Porsche even more, so sexy....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2E4DcM6bjow

not too fancy as the GoPro shut itself off for no reason and missed the best bits, excuse the sudden cutoff, if you look closely at the water at 2:39 you can make out a car where it shouldn't be....

There is a local HWP guy who hides at the bottom of the waterfall downhill run, just near the old toll gate, you can smash it through the bends from the top but you better back off on the first straight! But yes that is a good run, Lycra idiots aside.

Sometimes i'll get 2 smaller flames as i've got a twin exhaust tip setup. Some times the larger ones i can see in my rear view mirror. they're small in the video :)

I want to try a mic too. But first need the cable for the gopro.

Pauly you can get long mic cables and a mic quite cheaply off ebay. My mic was $4.50, i had mixed results but it still sounded 10 times better than the internal mic. I'm currently looking at different solutions and will see what works.

I remember reading your thread. Loved it.

What gopro are you using? I need to get the 10pin micro usb plug with the mic out cable. With that i cannot use the skeleton. 

I'll probably need to get the "the frame" and a protective lens cover too. So i can record with a external mic.

I remember reading your thread. Loved it.

What gopro are you using? I need to get the 10pin micro usb plug with the mic out cable. With that i cannot use the skeleton. 

I'll probably need to get the "the frame" and a protective lens cover too. So i can record with a external mic.

Ah yes if you have the newer Hero3 things get complicated. I still have my Hero2 which makes things far easier, which is stupid.

I thought you were like, all grown up and stuff?  You are surely speeding in some of this footage yes? 

:P

I had the inner child let loose  :ph34r: But because you cannot see the speedo, I was only doing 59 in a 60 zone ;)  :D

Ah yes if you have the newer Hero3 things get complicated. I still have my Hero2 which makes things far easier, which is stupid.

Very complicated! $30 for the plug, $50 for the housing. another few dollars on a mic or 2. 

Gee, I counted and timed the white lines disappearing into the distance at got you peaking at 64kmh

BBC, did you allow for turbo induced time warp?...light speed variance from looking back at the past, moving forwards into the future.

That sound has come up pretty good Pauly. You don't seem to get as much wind turbulence in the mic as I do on my car. Love the flame thrower!

If i put it on the side, it's a different story. I had mine next to my number plate. try it, should work.

Next time i plan on a "heavier" run, I'll try capture some big ones! Look good in my signature :P

Gee, I counted and timed the white lines disappearing into the distance at got you peaking at 64kmh

BBC, did you allow for turbo induced time warp?...light speed variance from looking back at the past, moving forwards into the future.

Aww man, I must get my speedo checked! But yes, did you allow for the turbo induced time warp like harvs mentioned?

I've been thinking a lot about how to do a nice little video, given the time, and have just been going through some of my old watchings on the interwebs, I'm a big fan of Format67.net, if you don't know them they do some amazing videos, case in point:

One of my favourites, not much car action but the way they frame, light edit and script this is stunning.

Then there is this, a kind of tribute piece to Senna including the NSX, one of the most amazing mini-movies I've ever seen, so cool, and the words I think go so well in each section, the fury of Green Hell is in there too.

If only I had 1/10th of the artistic flare these guys have

Archived