PELICAN PARTS USA

We are normally in the USA every 2yrs for a holiday & I always purchase a few things from PP. Yes they do not appear to be a happy bunch. No you cannot browse for parts, unfortunately. You need to order in advance even if you are the the USA. Quote a pick up day & pre pay & they are waiting for you.

Imagine if it was like a supermarket, get your trolley & go shopping...........

You guys are nuts going to pick stuff up.

If in the USA just order from wherever for whatever, and have it delivered to your hotel.  PP does free shipping on orders over $75 in the USA.  Most hotels will take parcels for nothing or a small fee (something like $10).  

Every trip I do to the USA involves boxes turning up at the hotel front desk, and an empty soft bag in the bottom of the suitcase.  Baggage allowance even on economy is 2 x 32 kg bags (but 2 x 21 kg if taking internal flights).  You can fit a lot of stuff in the second bag, be it car parts, clothes, electronics or whatever.  Go nuts on Amazon, PP and whichever other sites take your fancy.

I must say I've never bought anything from pelican, every time I'm putting together a cart load of stuff, there'll be another online supplier that is so much cheaper I can afford to throw some other things in (the turbo valve covers I just bought are a fine example, managed to get some heater hoses, jack pad and other odds and ends for the price difference)

I must say I've never bought anything from pelican, every time I'm putting together a cart load of stuff, there'll be another online supplier that is so much cheaper I can afford to throw some other things in (the turbo valve covers I just bought are a fine example, managed to get some heater hoses, jack pad and other odds and ends for the price difference)

Which other suppliers do you order from?

• 1 year later...

I have used PP for the last five years, however recently I have gotten a little sick of the enormous shipping charges. I have also used: www.porscheshop.co.uk prices & shipping is a little better. I have also had a good experience with www.autohausaz.com cheaper shipping & product than pelican parts. I usually compare the 3 go on who ever is cheapest. In having said that when I am feeling lazy I just go straight to Pelican because their website is very user friendly. I am currently waiting on some parts to be sent from them at the moment. 

Archived