where can I Purchase Deep Dish Wheels?

JetSC

Hi All,

I'm hoping that with all the wisdom on this forum, someone can recommend a place or places where I can get some deep dish wheels for my 81 wide body 911. I live in Vic and have so far contacted tyre shops locally and around OZ to which most of them have not returned my calls and for those that have, the options have been pretty minimal.

I know the stud pattern of 5X130 is quite unique but I had no idea that I would be this difficult to to find some nice dish wheels to the point where shops won't even call you back!

I'm also not looking to spend countless amounts of $$$ either. One place that I spoke to quoted me $10,000 just for the wheels and no tyres!

Are there any good local options or is shopping internationally the only way to go?

Cheers

Patrick

Braid if you're looking for FUCHS reps are nice, they'll do custom sizing as well I think. They have them in RSR look as well as black centres. If shipping in anything from OS use ship2Anywhere.com.au for four wheels from Harvey Weidman in California to me in Brisbane was $450 AUD total.

Wheel%20Refurb%208.jpg

These are my Braid after refinishing from Black centres to RSR look by Classic Road and Track in Melbourne

Cheers Al

There's a bloke who's thinking of using rims from White Horse Industries (Melbourne) and my 16 inch Fuchs centres as a template to consider making AU based Fuch replicas.

He estimates around 6 kg per wheel (7s and 8s) so maybe an Aussie option?

Braid if you're looking for FUCHS reps are nice, they'll do custom sizing as well I think. They have them in RSR look as well as black centres. If shipping in anything from OS use ship2Anywhere.com.au for four wheels from Harvey Weidman in California to me in Brisbane was $450 AUD total.

Wheel%20Refurb%208.jpg

These are my Braid after refinishing from Black centres to RSR look by Classic Road and Track in Melbourne

Cheers Al

You had me at hello.....

Those deep dish replicas look stunning. Do you have any photos fitted? Great buying regardless on price paid, I am a fan.

You could contact Harrop in Melbourne, they are the agents for a fully forged wheel from the USA (Forgeline) that is both strong and light - see www.harrop.com.au

Contact Heath Moore

General Manager

03  9474 0911

I ordered a set from them and found them a pleasure to do business with, price is dependent upon what you choose but budget upon around $1300 (landed) per corner for a light, really strong and attractive forged wheel.

Hey thanks everyone for some good suggestions.

Clutch-Monkey I'm really liking your suggestion with the Works Meister wheels. It looks like that you get can get some serious dish with those wheels. I've attached pics of a couple of the front runners.

Sydr I also like the look of Harrop and will call them on Monday

post-1759-0-83450600-1395446056_thumb.jp

post-1759-0-71287400-1395446150_thumb.jp

Hi Patrick,

I had the same problem, SC chassis with widebody.

I also looked at importing, including forgelines etc, but for a local and economical solution had a custom set of 3 piece Simmons made in Sydney.

Been running them on the track giving them a hard time for 2 years now, no problems, and got the exact offsets to fill the guards and run the tyres I wanted to.

I'm running 17's, so had them done through Sam at Simmons (Tempe Tyres) who do all the new Simmons manufacturing. They were 1/2 to 2/3 the price of importing a set

For 15 and 16's try Whitehorse Industries in Melbourne who do the older / smaller diameter Simmons.

Have a look at the Simmons website under "Porsche gallery" and you will see the actual wheels fitted to my car and also a 996 to give you an idea.

Darien

Clutch-Monkey I'm really liking your suggestion with the Works Meister wheels. It looks like that you get can get some serious dish with those wheels. I've attached pics of a couple of the front runners.

I can't see these wheels in our 5x130mm bolt pattern size

I have a friend with these wheels on his Golf R.

They were built to order - so all you can do is ask Work Wheels directly if they can make them to spec.

• 2 weeks later...

if you squint they look like the original 964 speedlines :D

they do a run of 5x130 several times a year - send a message to Owgasm on here as he regularly brings them in for his other cars. i think he said he could get them for his 911 for $2000-2300

Don't ask on Pelican. Apparently the best wheel ever invented is the Fuchs.

one make forums lol

Here's a quote from BraidUSA for some 15x9's and 15x11's:

Our normal shipping by UPS would be $398us. Wheels will take 3-4 weeks after placing the order. Price for the wheels is $3192us.

I've also been talking to Richard Tuthill in the UK. They still swear by Fuchs and can source the elusive 16x8's brand new from Germany. I haven't yet asked the price!

Archived