Converting to R Gruppe

pkulpa

sometimes even upgrading or removing the wife restrictor from the car also helps

Agreed, but at what cost?

Be cheaper to buy a factory built racing Porsche than taking this route?

Or root, as the case may be.

Yes, I contemplated one of the Weissach optioned Wife bypasses like the ones they have on the factory race cars (how can the factory guys afford it?). I'd end up with a smoking' hot Porsche but not much else.

Overseas alot and thinking about selling my 996 series 2 and converting an an early car to r Gruppe hot rod.

Forget about what it is worth at the end.

I am overseas alot and love driving my car when I am back.

What would it cost?? to convert an 78 911 {$20K out of NZ} into a st replica toy?

I have a Bmw 3.0 cs as well, I love the 70's hot rod look.

This is the look I like with fuel filler through hood.

A mate will shortly be selling an early 911 r gruppe style car with excellent mechanicals (e.g. trick twin plug motor). It's based on a factory rhd 911 (1970 from memory) and would only need the front and rear flares changed for ST look. Send me a pm if you are interested and I'll put you in touch.

Cheers, Ryan

Who would have thought that something as simple as a diamond encrusted FIA Derestrictor would improve the performance of the Wife! I wonder if you'll notice a coincidental improvement in the overall handling too, Dave? Suspect you might, at least initially.

It's our anniversary today (Wife, not car). Nice swish meal and I bought her this:

964170_f_r_engagement_ring_fairfax_rober

It's a one-off Wife de-regulator and they used it on the IROC cars, I'm told.

What is the $ gearing on that "Wife de-regulator"?  Is it 1:1?

That ring looks like a lot of go fast bits :D

Archived