TRADE BARTER SWAP FREE

michel

Following Randalls good karma exercise...I wonder whether there shoulds be a BARTER SWAP TRADE FREE area?

Or is it an extra area for no perceived benefit?

only saying as Id like to swap a 996/997 cab hardtop for a set of springplates

thoughts Michel

Following Randalls good karma exercise...I wonder whether there shoulds be a BARTER SWAP TRADE FREE area?

Or is it an extra area for no perceived benefit?

only saying as Id like to swap a 996/997 cab hardtop for a set of springplates

thoughts Michel

1 vote in support of this great idea.

Thanks Michel for the suggestion. Conferred with the other mods and a resounding thumbs up to your suggestion. We will restrict the posting of the initial post to FMs though as we feel this effectively sits in the same place as posting in the FS section.

Stand by, in my next admin' session I'll get it up and running...  ;)

Hi Randall Kerry others

I see both sides to this; though as i have been accused of having 'latent sharecropper tendencies' if left unchecked, agree it should be open forum as it is about a non-monetary exchange; as is the discussions information advice proffered here - welcome or worrying :) alike.

Could have an unintended benefit of bringing more folk to the PFA site?

The LETS ( local energy transfer system) model is a cool thing http://www.lets.org.au/ while not suggesting PFA administer such a thing, just the underlying idea is worth buying into.

As I type I muse on the idea of a once a year (national) meet based around the Canberra SMT, that brings more people, in doing so could have an old Skool swap meet as part of it - where you bring 'one cool thing' to swap trade parlay. There I go again...

My opinion only and as Im not one of the moderators / committee members I may be missing something, so am happy either way.

Let the revolution begin

Randall, I know that in your case of wanting to give something away for free doesn't quite work when it comes to having to become an FM, but alas, its a case of not being able to please all of the people, all of the time...

Hi Kerry,

Doesn't worry me either way, I was just pointing out the limitation of that particular scenario, you are not losing anything by allowing non financial members to post and a forum member can benefit from it. It's about good karma. :)

kraker-jak

Unfortunately good karma doesn't pay the monthly server / hosting costs. 

I saw it as having the potential to drag a bit more traffic to the PFA site and with possibility to convert them to FM status...loss leader :)

I became an FM not because I only wanted to post in the For Sale area, but to support the hard work of the committee moderators and community - PFA has a good vibe.

there are other forums that restrict any posting unless you are a fully paid up member, the costs are higher perceived benefits? but it does control access.

not saying id want that scenario here

Guest Harold

A swap section sounds great!

I'll start it off.

Willing to swap my 996 carrera for 997 GT3RS....any takers?.....anyone?.....hellooooo........anybody there?........

Trevor, how about your 996 for my 991S? Not a GT3 I know. Cest la vie.

Archived