Immobiliser?

SteveT

Has anyone had any experience with engine immobiliser figment to older Porsches? I pick up my 76 Targa tomorrow and was thinking about talking to the auto electrician about fitting some sort of security, maybe an immobiliser.

Hey SteveT,

Sorry I can't help with your quiery but i'm glad you have asked it as I also want to put one on my newly acquired 911.

I'll also be watching for the replies. 

Good luck with your new ride.....

I have a VDO in my ' 85.

Sure it secures the vehicle but it also drives me mad having to reset it all the time when I get fuel or stop the car for any reason.

Make sure you get a remote operated one and not the type like mine that requires inserting a special key to deactivate.

I have a mongoose immobiliser on my sc. It seems to do the job. I was at the shops the other day and didn't open the drivers door in time to deactivate. The car then wouldn't start until I reset it. A guy in wishart did the install and did a pretty tidy job.

Immobilisers are said to be one of the main culprits in parasitic power drain and hard to solve electrical gremlins. Spend the money on a good brand, I have a Rhino which has been good and is cheap and easy to fit. They should be 3 point cut offs when you are looking for features.

Archived