What does this switch do?

SteveT

Hi all, can someone tell me what this little toggle switch under the LH side of my dash near the steering column does? Bearing in mind that it is a 1976 Targa. The only reference that I can find anything like it is a switch for an electric sunroof but I sure don't have one of those. And I presume it's not for an ejector seat. It's the switch marked in the pic, under the oil pressure - temp gauge, above the blanking plug.

596c10c7-5c05-41c7-acc7-8a8767df6d01_zps

I wonder what 26 does - Switch for intensive cleaning? This could save me allot of time on the weekend.

I think it's for the headlight washers but I don't have them so i'm not sure

that blank you have below your mirror switch, I've been wondering what it does (I've got a rotary switch in there)

I have all the right switchgear, just that nothing happens! Might be a fuse?

you also might not have electric mirrors. I'm pretty sure I have that switch but no motors inside my mirrors

I wonder what 26 does - Switch for intensive cleaning? This could save me allot of time on the weekend.

It uses a separate windshield washer tank located in the front boot, spoused to be filled with some special fluid.

you also might not have electric mirrors. I'm pretty sure I have that switch but no motors inside my mirrors

So what is the little joystick on the RH door for? It doesn't seem to adjust the RH mirror at all.

That joystick is the mirror adjustment.

Could be like mine and be broken.... only the up works on mine.....

Seems like I need the switch and a new joystick..

Check and clean the fuse first as that might be the culprit....

That joystick is the mirror adjustment.

Could be like mine and be broken.... only the up works on mine.....

Seems like I need the switch and a new joystick..

Check and clean the fuse first as that might be the culprit....

Clean the switch contacts , after making sure it is actually connected. When people pull the door card to install speakers , it can be hard to plug back on properly.

Interesting. This leads me to my next question. Where do the wires go that go to the door speakers and electric mirrors and windows? I have door speakers that don't work, I also have electric windows that do work but when I was trying to find the wires I couldn't find any into the doors for anything but they must be there somewhere for the windows to work.

I think they're behind the hinges, but I'm not sure. Might be worth checking the continuity on the speaker wires before you have to find them

And when do we get to see your new car?

Archived