Price check aisle 3: 993 C4S

Wondering what peoples estimates on 993 values - Specifically C4S manual?

They seem pretty rare, especially in manual. Does anyone know where I can find the number of Australian delivered cars? 

Thanks

Its 61 C4S and all manual as they didnt have the tiptronic set up for the all wheel drive until the 996 model.

As someone had posted previously here is a link to the number of 993's that came into Oz. 

T-man is 993 oracle, he is far more knowledgeable than me.....

http://www.pcv.com.au/porscheclubs/pc_victoria/pc_main.nsf/web/773A6631B093D973C1257241001F396A/$File/993-911Website150708.pdf

Its 61 C4S and all manual as they didnt have the tiptronic set up for the all wheel drive until the 996 model.

As someone had posted previously here is a link to the number of 993's that came into Oz.

T-man is 993 oracle, he is far more knowledgeable than me.....

http://www.pcv.com.au/porscheclubs/pc_victoria/pc_main.nsf/web/773A6631B093D973C1257241001F396A/$File/993-911Website150708.pdf

Thanks Chris

Wow only 61 (and 95 c2s...assumed there would be more 4s than 2s). I knew they were rare but that's bordering on rocking horse poo levels of scarcity. That, and the fact that they are the last "real porsche" would explain their value

There will be a number of people on here more knowledgable than me on this subject but I have been keeping a reasonable eye on the 993 c4s market the past year.

Long story short:

Values are on the rise and you will pay more now than two years ago

Cars fall into two groups, those that are very very tidy and sell within ten days, and those that are average or below condition, medium km and sit on the market for 6 months

Prices for exceptional car with low km = $115k and have your cash ready to go as plenty of others will also be ready to go

Good solid 120km + cars with patina = $100k

Private sellers with 160km and a few paint blemishes = $90-95k

Everyone has different circumstances and no matter which option you take it is a LOT of cash for a weekend toy, that being said after following the market for a year I think (IMHO) the top priced tidy cars are the best option that will hold their value and have a chance to appreciate.

Thanks 550. Nice summary

I would be very surprised to see someone get out of a 991 Turbo / GT3 and still say this about a 993

Personally, I agree. 996,997,991 are all "real" to me especially in GT3 guise.

Perhaps I should have worded it differently i.e. they are considered by some to be the last real Porsche. The last of the air cooled cars etc

Archived