New daily driver

I need to upgrade in the near future to a new daily driver that won't break my limited budget and be good for around 50k commute each return. Essentials, relatively new, 4 cyl and definitely cruise control.

I have been looking at Suzuki Kizashi's as they seem to fit the bill. Can be had for under 20 k for a reasonable lat model one with 50 k on the clock. 

Has anyone had any experience with them as apart from online reviews I don't know anyone who actually has one.

Mazda 3s are quite good, My mum has one and i drive it a bit.

A mate of mine has the new '14 corolla levin, quite of budget but it's a very nice car, but lacks in engine power. I'm sure you can get one for 20k 

we got our selfs a vw eos in manual for 20k

leather 

cruise

heated seats 

heated mirrors 

auto wipers 

anyway the list goes on

and it runs the 2.0 turbo gti engine

every time i drive it i cannot believe i only paid 20k

drove it sydney to canberra and back the other week for a meeting and the thing is awesome

Reax, look no further.....I have ACTUALLY driven a Kizashi, it was my company car here in Singapore for all of 2011.

Let me cover the Suzuki before I make other suggestions. Kizashi is really a very good package, Japanese quality, lovely design, interior a little "hard plastic" but overall it's very nice. The motors and the gearbox are the downside. The 2.4 is breathless and THIRSTY, the CVT is clever but it just doesnt come together with harmony IMO. Quite slow in acceleration but pedals quite well at speed.  Lack of integrated camera/gps may be a downside. Depreciation wouldn't be good I'd suggest.....it's vertical here.

I've just been through this (with a very similar budget) with our return to Australia in September, and after a lot of research we went with a nearly new Volvo V60.

Don't laugh, the S60/V60 is really a sensational package and absolutely loaded with gear. We went for a T6 AWD version which at nearly $90K new is insane, but there's a good selection of MY2012s anywhere from mid $40K upwards. You can also get the extra 2 years factory warranty for $1,500.

If you want a loaded midsize performance sedan/wagon it's unbeatable.

.....oh, and if you decide the get a T6, there's a Polestar "optimization" for it which doesnt affect warranty. 30hp for $2K.

we got our selfs a vw eos in manual for 20k

leather 

cruise

heated seats 

heated mirrors 

auto wipers 

anyway the list goes on

and it runs the 2.0 turbo gti engine

every time i drive it i cannot believe i only paid 20k

drove it sydney to canberra and back the other week for a meeting and the thing is awesome

You'll probably put 50k on it and then sell it for fifteen.

Hi Reax,

I can speak from my personal experiences with this one: Audi A1. I've been living with one as a daily for a couple of years now, its such a nice little car to be in, very practical and doesn't actually feel like a super-mini! It is good on fuel, has all the mod cons (yes has cruise) and if you buy slightly used you'll get an almost new one close to your budget. 

example: http://www.carpoint.com.au/all-cars/demo/details.aspx?R=AGC-AD-15339593&Cr=2 

They come mainly in two trim levels Attraction (base model 1.2 TFSI) and Ambition (top line 1.4 TFSI) there are other variants as well as diesels and can get expensive with options but IMO the ambition is the go. 

the last Suzuki I drove was an Alto and it seemed to be built to a price. but the swift my sister has I've driven a few times and it seems really tight and well put together

you can get a new Ford Focus/Hyundai i30/Kia Rio/VW Up! or even a base 2.0 Subaru Impreza for under $20k, are you considering second hand to get it cheaper or a bigger/better car?

So many choices. Thanks for all the input guys, looks like I will be moving interstate again next year after a year in North Queensland and have been looking at schooling choices... not good so far for government. So looking at private and at roughly 8 k a year it may restrict the budget to around 15 k for a daily. 

Unless someone wants to buy a nice 800 m2 block of land with water views for 190 k located just outside Bowen?

Archived