Feeling Platinum

Coastr

Funny about that Weissach edition - my 85 mph speedo was also swapped out, and I also have the original.  Only issue is the original 85 mph speedo had the kmh increments on it, but the replacement speedo does not have the km.  It's OK but does make me nervous with the tight increments that cameras have these days.

My wife's new car's "features" has this extremely annoying habit of saying "you're over the speed limit" and she won't let me turn it off. Problem is , it cannot read the many changing limits quick enough and even then , is wrong. So I end up telling it (NOT HER) to get...

I digress! But tape is a good idea , and it's retro.

congratulations! Looks great :)

Given its originality I would only do a few things (famous last words I know) - ditch the enormous US bumperettes and ice-cream scoop headlight surrounds, H4 headlight upgrade, apply shark fins and give it a thorough service.

Smells like an old car inside 

I'm endeavouring to bottle that. Eau de 911 would make a manly cologne methinks.

congratulations! Looks great :)

Given its originality I would only do a few things (famous last words I know) - ditch the enormous US bumperettes and ice-cream scoop headlight surrounds, H4 headlight upgrade, apply shark fins and give it a thorough service.

I'm endeavouring to bottle that. Eau de 911 would make a manly cologne methinks.

Everyone keeps talking about shark fins but I confess I don't know what they are?

I will keep it original but May ROW spec some things over time like the lights and bumpers. Need to measure the ride height as well to see if it is US or ROW spec.

Archived