72 TARGA 911S 2.4. WOW........

I was once told a story about restoring a 356.

It is always better to restore the car to the original colour UNLESS it is Tojo Brown-this car is Sepia Brown. I wonder if the same applies because it is pretty close to Tojo Brown.

Wow alright !! Funny the drivers seat doesn't match the passenger front seat. This brown colour is not my cup of tea but really like the rest of it.

The car was likely ordered that way - sports seat for driver and standard for passenger.  It was a factory option.  Not too common but you do see it now and again. 

My favourite seat setup for an early 911.

I think they are just handles to pop out that rear section, I think......

They don't look strong enough to hold a restraint, but maybe.....

Car is stunner though..

Have you noticed how a lot of the old ads feature a glamorous woman and a creepy overweight middle aged gent who probably smokes cigars and...(insert typical stereotypical behaviour here)?

past1p.jpg

Which proves women are prepared to overlook smouldering good looks , intelligence , effortless charm and athleticism when they sniff money.

Take a look around. Brown is back in, in a big way.

Brown couches dominate the stores. A lot of new cars have shade of brown for their interior these days. Brown carpets in lots of new houses. Lots of different shades of brown metallic on cars. I saw a Kia SUV thing this afternoon you'd swear was rosewood metallic.

Brown couches dominate the stores. A lot of new cars have shade of brown for their interior these days. Brown carpets in lots of new houses. Lots of different shades of brown metallic on cars. I saw a Kia SUV thing this afternoon you'd swear was rosewood metallic.

It's not just brown. Russ and I have already had our kitchens rebuilt.

greenkitchen911.jpg

My car has brown leather seats, brown carpet, brown door inserts, brown, brown, brown...

I wish it was ALL black.....

My car has brown leather seats, brown carpet, brown door inserts, brown, brown, brown...

I wish it was ALL black.....

You won't pull chicks with black or grey

But brown , my 924 screams "here's a guy with great sense of humour and style"

IMG_3264.jpg

Have you noticed how a lot of the old ads feature a glamorous woman and a creepy overweight middle aged gent who probably smokes cigars and...(insert typical stereotypical behaviour here)?

past1p.jpg

Which proves women are prepared to overlook smouldering good looks , intelligence , effortless charm and athleticism when they sniff a Porsche owner.

Fixed.

You won't pull chicks with black or grey

But brown , my 924 screams "here's a guy with great sense of humour and style"

I've got a wife, 3 kids and a dog.....

I'm too much of a liability for the chicky babes...

Give me the black interior...

Give me the black interior...

I've got two ; very practical and don't show the dirt - so wins favour with wives and other practical types.

Brown when you want to go hunting for arty creative types , blue for when you go fishing...

past1p.jpg

Which proves women are prepared to overlook smouldering good looks , intelligence , effortless charm and athleticism when they sniff money.

mmm.......My car doesn't seem to be working properly, all it attracts is old blokes at petrol stations......

Archived