Mobile phone usage while driving

We all know the Nanny Keepers tell us how dangerous it is to use a mobile phone whilst driving........apparently 4 people were killed in NSW between 2006 and 2010 - and the blame was on phone usage.    FOUR PEOPLE !!!!!!

As sad as it is for all involved......it's just FOUR PEOPLE !!!!!

http://www.drive.com.au/motor-news/new-radar-gun-to-catch-texting-drivers-20140918-10iivk.html

That article is a croc of s%*t.

If drivers would just dock the phone and use it blue tooth we wouldn't need data blocking devices.

It will come, and then the honest user's will pay.

I don't understand users not obtaining a bluetooth device when they are so cheap and easy to use.

I work in traffic management, besides my other business.

I see so many using the phone or worse, texting whilst driving in heavy traffic.

Truck drivers the worst. Even truck drivers in new vehicles that have bluetooth as standard equipment with their 'hand on it'.

I didn't mention police on the phone while driving. Apparently they're fn super fn human and CAN do it safely.

They're "hav'n a laugh" as Ricky Gervase says.

That is until they're sitting in a cell crying like a bitch because they just ran over someone waiting for a bus, or working to repair public road assets.

What's it gunna take for ppl to wake up and act responsibly.

I wonder why the next generation are so inconsiderate....

Ohhh sorry that's a vent.

I'm not sorry at all.

I'm sick of seeing drivers speeding past men at their 'place of work' on the phone. At times not much more than a metre away.

We take hazard reduction in the workplace very seriously to make sure we ALL go home.

How about I drive through your workplace whilst I drink a coffee on the phone.

Issues....what issues....poor me a bourbon love.

The only reason Police use mobile phones is for a secure method of communication, seeing as scanners/online streams have access to all their communications (and so does whoever wants to listen)

Yes it is necessary to use the phone.

All of the late model vehicles they use have bluetooth. Take the time to pair and set an example.

As sad as it is for all involved......it's just FOUR PEOPLE !!!!!

Chris, tell me you aren't serious.

I have four other people in my family. Ask me how I would feel if it was one of them..................and these FOUR people that died, where they on the phone or possibly innocents whose life came to an end because of another moron?

Bring on the radars, scanners and whatever else they want to use because I have had a gut full of sitting behind a slow driver in the fast lane. or waiting for someone to realise the lights have changed green, or dodge some moron that is veering into my lane, all because they were looking down at their mobile!!!

And if its me they pick up then it serves me right!!!

Chris, tell me you aren't serious.

I have four other people in my family. Ask me how I would feel if it was one of them..................and these FOUR people that died, where they on the phone or possibly innocents whose life came to an end because of another moron?

Bring on the radars, scanners and whatever else they want to use because I have had a gut full of sitting behind a slow driver in the fast lane. or waiting for someone to realise the lights have changed green, or dodge some moron that is veering into my lane, all because they were looking down at their mobile!!!

And if its me they pick up then it serves me right!!!

My main gripe is the money spent on enforcing this rather than teaching kids how to drive. Cars these days can parallel park themselves, so that part of the driving test is obsolete.

I've got teenagers, and have drilled into them the stupidity of driving while texting/singing/eating etc. It's not just phone usage. It's even changing radio stations and drifting lanes.

Also, the 1000 people each week they fine woukd probably be caught in stop start traffic at 5kmh. They could not possibly catch many (any) on freeway, where the practice is highly dangerous.

So yes, I am shocked to see they are pushing this technology, which won't work anyway, ahead of actual learner driver testing on freeways, at night and on Dandenong road. Learners need to be tested on real driving, not the current ridiculous testing process. Nsw is similar to vic.

Not a problem in my 911. I can't even hear the mobile ring let alone have a conversation. It's another example of Porsche's forward thinking safety technology.

with the Blaupunkt inbuilt microphone i've had conversations at 100km/h with the roof off!

I'm still amazed at the amount of people you see at the lights who are quite obviously texting (or looking at their lap alot..)

Archived