Modification Vs Resale : Should I worry about resale?

Here is a topic that I'm sure may have been covered in the past but I'm interested in hearing anyone's thoughts on modification vs resale

Looking at engine modification for a 3.2 Carrera and looking at increasing power but worry about resale if I go to a 3.4 or other. I really love the 80's shape but would like more power but can't stretch for a Turbo as I understand a good example will range from $80k - $100k and would like to get some real power out of it so tossing up between a 964 engine swap or modifying from 3.2 to 3.4

Either way the investment into the engine won't be cheap including the cost of the car and don't want to regret it

As 964 c2's are coming widely sort after and reaching the $70k I feel as though maybe stretching out a 3.2 could be a great option.

Should resale even come into it or just go balls in and do it to it?

Here is a topic that I'm sure may have been covered in the past but I'm interested in hearing anyone's thoughts on modification vs resale

Looking at engine modification for a 3.2 Carrera and looking at increasing power but worry about resale if I go to a 3.4 or other. I really love the 80's shape but would like more power but can't stretch for a Turbo as I understand a good example will range from $80k - $100k and would like to get some real power out of it so tossing up between a 964 engine swap or modifying from 3.2 to 3.4

Either way the investment into the engine won't be cheap including the cost of the car and don't want to regret it

As 964 c2's are coming widely sort after and reaching the $70k I feel as though maybe stretching out a 3.2 could be a great option.

Should resale even come into it or just go balls in and do it to it?

Have you driven a well sorted stock 3.2? 

If you haven't bought the car yet, go buy a (well-sorted) mongrel such as a ZAG and you won't feel guilty about modding it.  You won't pay as much for it and therefore won't be risking as much value when you start fiddling with it...

If you are concerned about resale, then modding one will affect onsell ..... while there are people out there that will purchase a modded vehicle, there are also alot of people that wouldn't touch it .....

For many reasons ..... purists, fear, unsure if done properly, etc.

If you are intending to keep it, different story .....

Why not buy one that has already been modified, then tweak it to your liking ......

I'm with Dreamr. Buy one thats already done. Chances are you will pay the same or less than a standard car. Hotrods are great fun. Most owners of multiple Porsches have a hotrod 911, and guess which one they drive most often? Go for it.

Archived