Vehicle hydraulic lift

I don't think I'll be doing any more track days Harv or metal fabrication so Im having a major garage adjustment, just sold my lathe, gear head drilling machine is on Ebay, Mig welder will probably go, engine crane etc, spare wheels, 911 cage all take space, I will try and make space now so that I can use my wood working equipment as I have a need to make some gear for  the house and studio to support my photography which is the thing that is consuming all my time and energy.  What I havent decided to do is whether I should de-tune my 911 ... it has some fantastic kit on it which is unnecessary for a car that isn't being tracked i.e. GT3 MK II 6 piston front calibers, PF floating rotors, Turbo rear brakes, GT3 front & rear ARBs, various spherical bearings, light weight parts etc. GT3 and Intrax dampers.

I don't think I'll be doing any more track days Harv or metal fabrication so Im having a major garage adjustment, just sold my lathe, gear head drilling machine is on Ebay, Mig welder will probably go, engine crane etc, spare wheels, 911 cage all take space, I will try and make space now so that I can use my wood working equipment as I have a need to make some gear for  the house and studio to support my photography which is the thing that is consuming all my time and energy.  What I havent decided to do is whether I should de-tune my 911 ... it has some fantastic kit on it which is unnecessary for a car that isn't being tracked i.e. GT3 MK II 6 piston front calibers, PF floating rotors, Turbo rear brakes, GT3 front & rear ARBs, various spherical bearings, light weight parts etc. GT3 and Intrax dampers.

IMO, leave the car, because one day you'll want to go for a spin on the mountain or go for a track day and so at least you can still enjoy what you've built. 

I can imagine all that gear takes up some space.  If you are busy with other things then at least you still have the 911 and 944 to drive when you get the urge.  I guess they are both set up the way you want now so not much use for all the equipment.  My 2c is to leave the good gear on the 911.  It sounds like a great car whether it's on the track or back road.  

Hey Kelly how high does the hoist lift a vehicle?

1200mm. I dont think I ever extended it that high as i kept the lift in a domestic garage where the car would contact the ceiling if I raised it to that high. What seemed to work best was to have the car raised so that you can sit whilst working under the car.

Archived