Another newbie intro

Fraz

Hay all.

Been hanging around as a guest on your great forum for a while and thought I should probably register.

I am new to the Porsche scene but have developed a chronic sickness for aircooled 911. It all started when a friend asked me to have a look at his 77 911 that was running really badly from sitting for about five years.

After much stuffing around to find a simple fix I got his car running sweet as a button.

At this point is where my problems started. My first drive, let's just say it was an enlighting experience. Never had I driven s car that just screamed for "GOD SAKE, DRIVE ME HARD"

So now my search has begun to find my own Air cooled 911, I really like the 964 but so does everyone else. A well priced manual hard top don't hang around long. Pricing is just within my budget but being a bit fussy I think I will be searching for a while.

Hope to show you my car sooner rather than later.

Welcome Fraz, good luck with the search!

I really like the 964 but so does everyone else

It still amazes me how much the tide has turned, 5 years ago the 964 was the unloved 911. I'm not biased at all but it is the greatest 911 ever made :)

Welcome Fraz,

Nice to have another Melbourne member in the fold. I couldn't agree more - the 77 & 964 are two of the best 911's! (I maybe slightly biased though. Ha!)

Not sure if I am enjoying the hunt for my car that much to be honest. Rather drive it.

I missed a bargin red 911 for 28k a few weeks ago that I see you have discussed here already.

Just could not get there before the other buyer.

I see another member has a 964 Tip for sale, if it was a 5 speed I would be all over it. All my other cars daily ect are auto so really missing a manual.

Just wish I could convince my mate to sell me his, but he also has our affliction.

Thanks for the warm welcome every one.

Archived