Who wants a Porsche 912......for just $170,000 AUD

More to the point, am I the only one who doesn't like Center fill fuel tanks? What's wrong with the cool little popup fuel door?

I always thought that the center fuel filler was rather stylish....... then someone who had one told me of the impracticality of it, awkward position, spilling fuel on the bonnet etc.

I always thought that the center fuel filler was rather stylish....... then someone who had one told me of the impracticality of it, awkward position, spilling fuel on the bonnet etc.

That's the first thing that I thought of - breaking your back bending over and spilling fuel everywhere.

Understandable for a race car, as some tracks have the pits on the left or right side of the track, refuelling during and endurance race with the filler in the middle makes sense.

Doesn NOT make sense to centre it for a street car for the above reasons. Looks cool, but as some are spending mega bucks on a paint job, it wouldnt be a good idea in my opinion.

Have seen them on street cars on one side though.

Understandable for a race car, as some tracks have the pits on the left or right side of the track, refuelling during and endurance race with the filler in the middle makes sense.

Doesn NOT make sense to centre it for a street car for the above reasons. Looks cool, but as some are spending mega bucks on a paint job, it wouldnt be a good idea in my opinion.

Have seen them on street cars on one side though.

Would mean you could drive up to any bowser left or right. Nothing wrong with leaning over your front bonnet, I've seen plenty of pics of girls doing it so it can't be that hard? :)

Would mean you could drive up to any bowser left or right. Nothing wrong with leaning over your front bonnet, I've seen plenty of pics of girls doing it so it can't be that hard? :)

Do you make sure that you mankini matches the colour of the Porsche you're driving?

I always thought the reason for a Center fill on are race car was a direct fill into the tank, rather than a restricted diameter pipe.

I still think they look dumb and if I found myself at singer I'd be asking for the normal fill location, if you please.

In all honesty, I wouldnt want to lean over a fender at the risk of scratching my black paint, OR dripping fuel on the hood.

Have seen them through the hood on the left side for easy access to a pump, yet I like the way it came from the factory with the fuel flap

Archived