Who wants a Porsche 912......for just $170,000 AUD

Yep,

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Porsche-912-912-/281644774426?forcerrptr=true&hash=item419356341a&item=281644774426&autorefresh=true

$98,000 buy now.....add exchange rate, GST, LCT and a bit of compliance work, and the trusty old 912 is getting up to 993TT values.

$_57.JPG

or maybe this should go into the Outlaw wish list post

I was talking to the guys at Throttle shop about their recent 993TT sales ($200k). I asked whether they had been overseas buyers and they said no, the tax/other costs would not have made sense for an overseas buyer to add to the purchase price. Same is true for us I guess - fun looking at the wider world market, but as it goes up and our dollar goes down it wouldn't make sense buying them, especially as the market for overseas cars is so much lower when landed in OZ.

Nice to know we probably don't have as much competition as we think we do for 'our' stuff though :)

http://www.theage.com.au/news/news/crisis-what-crisis/2008/09/04/1220121408960.html?page=fullpage

The Classic Throttle Shop sells cars for all sorts of crises. "We've got cars for people who are having a midlife crisis and we've got cars for people who have a crisis with too much disposable cash," he says.

"A lot of people buy our cars because it reminds them - through rose-tinted spectacles - of times when they were children or the car that their dad owned."

Nicholls says some of his customers display the obvious symptoms of a midlife crisis - bright shirts unbuttoned to the navel, large gold medallions and comb-overs.

"Unfortunately we see these people a lot," he says. "I had a chap in just this morning who was wearing a very loud Hawaiian shirt; there was certainly a lot of pink and yellow going on there."

Jeremy Best, Classic Throttle Shop manager, says the clothes are about lost youth. "Unfortunately some people in regaining lost youth tend to dress like teenagers rather than the 50-year-old that they are. It's an odd thing," he says.

"Years ago, young men aspired to look like their fathers, now it's the other way around."

The toupee top 10

As nominated by James Nicholls and Jeremy Best at the Classic Throttle Shop.

Porsche 911 "A convertible version would be a midlife crisis car, no doubt about it."

TurboT , reassure us you weren't wearing a Hawaiian shirt whilst talking to the CTS guys?  ;)

True. I'd rather buy an overpriced car from a place who states their customers are "the successful investor type, who knows a quality investment as soon as they enter the showroom"

Middle aged crisis Hawaiian shirt gold chain wearing comb over teenager wannabe......that would go well in their mission statement.

More to the point, am I the only one who doesn't like Center fill fuel tanks? What's wrong with the cool little popup fuel door?

Nothing at all , but when you want to race around the 'burbs, livin' the dream...

convertible is mid life crisis? what's a targa then - quarter life crisis?

I'll just be buying a convertible 'cause I'm too cheap/poor to afford a coupe (and it's a cheaper way of getting into a later model air cooled car)

and back to the topic, there's something about that 912 that isn't quite right - the floorboards, RSR centre fill tank and it's still a 4 pot? I'm not convinced about the dashboard either or the gauge rings

Archived