Royal Purple early targa resto

OBRUT

Where to begin?

At the end of 2012 I sold a very nice (and importantly far too original too modify) rhd 73 targa I had imported from the Channel Islands and purchased the "yellow fright pig" ( #yellowfrightpig for the IG users ).

The yellow fright pig is an Aussie delivered 73 911E targa that has led a tough life. Ferrari fly yellow repaint, wide body conversion, G body "update", blacked out chrome, 17" wheels, crime scene interior etc etc. The good news was recent engine and gearbox rebuilds and a body that was very straight and very dry.

The first bonus with the as found condition of the fright pig was, in my opinion, freedom to hot rod. The second bonus was that, after about 15 years of playing with numerous early 911's, I had nearly all of the bits required to make it whole again.

Yesterday was a big milestone - the body work is done! Pretty much back to stock with a few custom details and fresh paint in Royal Purple (a rarely ordered factory 1973 porsche colour).

Next stop is brake and (trick) suspension rebuilds and then an interior retrim that will probably be as polarising as the purple exterior...

Here is a pic. Paint and panel by John and George at Zags, who did a cracking job.

post-1182-0-41248100-1429271818_thumb.jp

Ps. Front screen not yet installed, only sitting on the frame in that pic.

Pps. I have a few more pics but can't seem to load them. Any tips? Is the upload limit per pic or per post?

Original colour was signal yellow - but I have a deep dislike of yellow cars.

Threw out the rule book a bit with this car. I've done the Kardex correct thing with other early 911's.

Archived