WEC 2015

ANF

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 months later...

Mark Webber – Porsche Team

“When I first made the decision to continue racing after I’d finished in F1, it was a no-brainer to come and drive for Porsche because it is such a famous brand on and off track and for me to race with these guys it’s a real pleasure, the spirit in the camp is incredible. We are still quite a new team and we are still learning a lot every day.”

Porsche are leading the Manufacturer's championship, lets hope that continues and our man Webber can snag the drivers one too :)

Great result!

Some people get antsy about the pronunciation of "Porsche".

I was severely corrected by our short stay German houseguest this morning.

For those that wish to avoid this fate , the circuit is the Noorburgring. Anything else may elicit  blank stares!

I told him that I wasn't allowed to learn German as a kid in England... Hence,  my German is Fawlty.

• 3 weeks later...

Porsche maintained its 100% success rate in taking pole position in the 2015 WEC as Marc Lieb and Neel Jani topped the average times in the 20-minute session at COTA this evening. It was Porsche’s eighth consecutive WEC pole position, a run that stretches back to the 6 Hours of Shanghai last November.

6 Hours of Circuit of the Americas

1.3 seconds ahead of the Audis :)

http://www.fiawec.com/en/news/porsche-maintain-perfect-2015-pole-record_3383.html

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Seeing all the crap that is now associated (and well probably has been for a while) with F1 and Moto GP it is most refreshing that the WEC is just about racing and seems to have missed all the political/ ego/ bullshit crap of the other top line motorsports throughout the world :)

Very refreshing, the fact that Porsche is also winning adds to the enjoyment!! :D

Seeing all the crap that is now associated (and well probably has been for a while) with F1 and Moto GP it is most refreshing that the WEC is just about racing and seems to have missed all the political/ ego/ bullshit crap of the other top line motorsports throughout the world :)

I went to see Mark do a live talk/interview here a few months back, and that was pretty much what he said. 

Very refreshing, the fact that Porsche is also winning adds to the enjoyment!! :D

Sad that grown men have their little tantys at that level of motorsport. Dare say the media have a hand in it too, especially that crap F1 show on Foxtel with Johnny Herbert and Martin Brundle spending 10 minutes wondering why Hamilton (king sook) dyed his hair blonde! It's pretty pathetic. I watch the first lap or 2 of F1 and thats it for me.Oz V8's are becoming a bit like that too with the rivalries. WEC I can, and have watched a whole race. Bet Webber is happy where he is too, as the fun element would be back in his racing

Archived