Old Porsche Prices From 2002 & 2004

Found a few old copies of Unique Cars and thought it would be interesting to see roughly how many air cooled Porsches were for sale during this time . These clipping are from two issues one in 02 and another in 04. 

One of the most fascinating this is how the prominent colours such as Gaurds Red , White and Black are everywhere but the more oddball-beautiful colours are still very limited . 

I think a personal favourite of mine would be the Kremer Racing 911 , 964 Turbo and the price of a GT2CS sitting just under $300k

Targas

90343775-314d-433e-8a48-9b0ae8c750fa_zps

964s

0941A3D5-8B9E-44CC-96AB-B411298AF5B4_zps

930 Turbos 

9AAFA22A-3713-440E-B5BD-DDA7C7E4D5F8_zps

3.2`s

899192E9-E47C-4A01-954A-6BBB9A62328D_zps

Cabrio`s

EB47F50A-9EC1-4D39-9271-0412DB6D7151_zps

3.0/SCS

interesting to look back when there were a bucket full of Air cooled for sale and including heaps of 930`s 

Will try to fix the upside down ones tonight , Could have sworn i fixed it prior to unloading

Yeah - viewing on an iPhone it keeps turning around :)

Bit of a tease isn't it. Some amazing cars at amazing value in today's money. Bit like buying houses in the late 90's

I don't know - the prices are *way* cheap given that in ten years inflation has added quite a bit.

Also - where are the piles of Fuchs wheels from all those cars?  Only 2 of the 930s in the page are still wearing the original wheels!

Found a few old copies of Unique Cars and thought it would be interesting to see roughly how many air cooled Porsches were for sale during this time . These clipping are from two issues one in 02 and another in 04. 

One of the most fascinating this is how the prominent colours such as Gauards Red , White and Black are everywhere but the more oddball-beautiful colours are still very limited . 

Thanks for that - but you have way too much time on your hands...

Very interesting, thanks for taking the time to do that.

In a lot of the cases for 'regular', I don't think the price is that different.

Sure, the 964 turbo is a lot cheaper and the 930's, etc but the 964's aren't too far off, likewise with the SC's. 

I've been looking through a few old unique cars mags from late 90's through to mid 2000's and my observation is that since that period, prices haven't moved all that much. I think there has been a dip and a rebound. The cars were a 10-15 years newer then, though. And with inflation, only the best picks will have made you a better return than most stocks or property over the same horizon. Cars are more fun though.

Archived