Might be selling my 997 GT2

It is always difficult when so few like cars are available to compare.

I always thought there was a relative price premium to the same model GT3. Am trying to recall the last 997.2GT3 that was up for sale.

Depending on condition etc I'm thinking mid $200s.

It is always difficult when so few like cars are available to compare.

I always thought there was a relative price premium to the same model GT3. Am trying to recall the last 997.2GT3 that was up for sale.

Depending on condition etc I'm thinking mid $200s.

This one: http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-2010/SSE-AD-3405825/?Cr=8

Had a 10k price drop last week too....................

did gt2/gt3's get the same GEN2 treatment in 2009/10? There is a massive price difference from a gen 1 to a gen 2 997. A 2008 turbo you might pick up for $160k, but pay upto $240k for a 2010 car

I think they did too. It was a whole series update on the Porsche line.

did gt2/gt3's get the same GEN2 treatment in 2009/10? There is a massive price difference from a gen 1 to a gen 2 997. A 2008 turbo you might pick up for $160k, but pay upto $240k for a 2010 car

The biggest gap in improvements for 7 GT cars is on the GT3

Over the 7.1, the 7.2 GT3 has centrelocks, wide body, 3.8L (versus 7.1's 3.6) and the obligatory cosmetic updates

There is probably more, just can't think of them

The biggest gap in improvements for 7 GT cars is on the GT3

Over the 7.1, the 7.2 GT3 has centrelocks, wide body, 3.8L (versus 7.1's 3.6) and the obligatory cosmetic updates

There is probably more, just can't think of them

Pretty sure the gen2 cars got a completely new engine though (assume gen1 was a tweaked 996 engine as Porsche generally do with new models). Performance and efficiency increases were big. Also pdk on the turbo which is incredible. Assume the gt cars had manual though...them purists love to get there their hands on a stick :)

Edit: beaten by edgy

gen 2 GT3GT2 is same/similar engine as 996 and 997.1 with increased capacity to 3.8. Apart from minor differences to ancillaries and some internal components, the "frame work" is the same right from 996.1 GT3 up to the 997.2 RS 4.0. That is, same GT1 block with the Mezger name attached.

From memory there was a white 997.1 GT2 up last month that moved fairly quick. I think they were asking 280K.

Archived