911 parts, where to buy

Mike-S

Working on an 87 Targa yesterday trying to get it running, I managed to break the cap off the DME relay while trying to remove it (creating quite a lot of sparks in the process). Where do people buy their 911 parts from ? It's not my car (yet), so I feel responsible for the breakage and want to replace the relay for the owner. They're $30 from Pelicanparts, surely they're available somewhere more local for similar $$'s?

Cheers

Buy all my parts from Pelican, Ecklers, Elephant Racing or Aasade.  I have found buying a number of parts and ensuring the total cost is less than $1000 Aud  to avoid GST, import duties has worked perfectly fine and alway less than outrageously priced local parts.  David

Yeah, PCB is 10 minutes up the road, but somehow I doubt they'll sell me the relay for less than $100. I know in the grand scheme of things it's not a lot, but I'd wince at 3 times the price when I'm not in a huge rush.

Koala sounds good :lol:

Always support local where you can, especially with the weakness in our dollar it doesn't pay to shop overseas a lot of times... After getting to know my local dealer he's been more than happy to budge on RRP whenever I've needed bits...with the added comfort of buying genuine parts.

Another vote for James at Autohaus. I'm the very essence of a tight ar*e and his prices are every bit as competitive as those overseas, especially considering the AUD peso at the moment. Also the parts normally appear in your post box within 24 hours as opposed to 24 days. 

Have to give my local dealer a rap here too, I checked the prices overseas called Sean at Docaster Porsche centre was very pleasantly surprised. Also great to deal with and very helpful.

Archived