FS 996 track & general parts, suits other models too - Updated 23/7

Porsche Te-Quipment Stainless steel harness bar. $1500 SOLD.

GT3 seats one with OEM slider rails and the other on a fixed rail selling only as a pair. $2000. SOLD

Cup suede steering wheel  & boss $275 SOLD

Cup brake cooling ducts $200 SOLD

Schroth Profi II-6 Porsche Harness in-date to EOY 2016  $150,

TRS 4 point 3" harness as new in date to 2016 $120

Voltphreaks VPA-6 Lithium battery (ultra light weight - <3kg vs OEM ) and aluminium mounting adapter $450

2 x BEHR 996 Radiators (New) $250 ea

1 x water pump (New) $150

1 x Passenger side Tail light (used/perfect) $250

1 x GT3 Cup chin splitter (Used) some scuff marks but looks fine fitted & fully functional $100

Wheels - Team Dynamics Pro Race 1.3, light & strong 18x8.5 ET 45 (11.0kgs)  & 18x10.0 ET 65mm (11.75kg), Fitted with brilliant Michelin Pilot Sport Cups 60-70% life remaining, even wear. $2250

Brey Krause Harness Sub Strap bar $75 SOLD

LIGHT WEIGHT Fabspeed Mufflers 6.3kg ea vs 9.6kg stock and Catalytic converter 6.6kg vs 10.6kg, emissions legal. Dyno'd on my 996 C2 before/after +28HP +34 ftlbs - attached. $ 2250

++ other bits and pieces still to come

Durametric Pro (use on unlimited number of VINs)  - Not sold (because it's not for sale yet)  but accounted for.

Race Technology DL1 Mk3 Data Logger with GPS & DASH 3 Remote Display

944 German Interior carpet set.

Hi Edgy,

yes I am well thanks, I've decided to sell up on the Porsche front and down size the garage equipment too. Will sell the 996 in Oct, just trying to decide if I should pull some of the Gucci gear (GT3 brakes, motorsport LSD and various suspension bits) off it first or trade it in as is.

The Tequipment part no is Part No. 996 580 982 01 (looked up else where) as the harness bar is still wrapped up.

At ADS911, yes the boss will fit a 986.

Hi Edgy,

yes I am well thanks, I've decided to sell up on the Porsche front and down size the garage equipment too. Will sell the 996 in Oct, just trying to decide if I should pull some of the Gucci gear (GT3 brakes, motorsport LSD and various suspension bits) off it first or trade it in as is.

The Tequipment part no is Part No. 996 580 982 01 (looked up else where) as the harness bar is still wrapped up.

Good to hear! I've not gotten to any PCNSW events in a while either.. I know you were quite active there! 

I'm keen on it as that is supposed to be the OE CS roll bar part #  I just want to cross check it with a friends clubsport. 

Gucci gear? I like that... Burberry is more my thing though. :lol: 

Oh and please don't trade it for something boring.... :ph34r:

Good to hear! I've not gotten to any PCNSW events in a while either.. I know you were quite active there! 

I'm keen on it as that is supposed to be the OE CS roll bar part #  I just want to cross check it with a friends clubsport. 

Gucci gear? I like that... Burberry is more my thing though. :lol: 

Oh and please don't trade it for something boring.... :ph34r:

The harness bar fits all the 996 coupes.

A little sad perhaps but the intent is to lease a plain golf (aka something nondescript for parking by the train station) when my associate lease on the 996 expires.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just checking if the battery is still available and how old is it? Thanks

Hi DD, Yes the battery and bracket is still available. It was acquired in 2012 and used on approximately 10-12 track days (regular battery fitted for routine driving around). Hence it's had a limited number of charge/discharge cycles.  Since 2013 it has been on the shelf with a smart charger which I alternate between 2 different batteries every couple of months. It's maintained it's charge without issue.

Thanks Kelly. Looking at the photo the connection port for a wire harness doesn't seem to be there. Is that correct and did you order it like that? Does it have any protective circuitry inside? Sorry for all the questions. 

Thanks Kelly. Looking at the photo the connection port for a wire harness doesn't seem to be there. Is that correct and did you order it like that? Does it have any protective circuitry inside? Sorry for all the questions. 

Hi I'm not quite sure what you mean by connection port for a wire harness? Electrically the battery connects via the standard two post (positive/negative) arrangement. No modification to the standard battery wiring in the car (996) was required. The battery does not contain discharge protection circuitry. For me it was a track day only battery so I didn't have to contend with inadvertently discharging the battery through leaving some accessory powered up whilst the car was locked away in a garage. In my experience the behaviour of the lithium battery was also 'quirky' at times feeling like the battery was low on power (when it was not). The most memorable occasion was when I drove 2 hrs one morning to get to Silverstone and stopped to refuel the car just prior to entering the circuit it was -12C at the time and when I turned the key after refuelling the car didn't turn over straight away. The manufacturers advice was to turn the lights on and heater fan on full power for 30 sec to draw some current and warm up the battery. After doing so the car turned over slowly at first and then sped up and started. The day remained relatively cold at around -6c but all the subsequent starts were OK. I always just found it weird how the turn over began slow and sped up (as the battery warmed up with the current draw). I used to take an oddysse

y PC-680 Gel battery to the track as a backup whilst I gained confidence in the Lithium battery but I never had to use it. So yeah in short I do consider the battery to be quirky but for anyone who is trying to go faster and improve handing by losing weight a lithium battery is an incredibly simple and cost effective weight reduction.

Thanks again Kelly. Next to the positive terminal there is normally a green led button on off switch and just above that there is a connector for attaching an optional lead for reactivation via an external button. This is to allow the battery to be re activated and allow the hood to be opened despite loosing power. Some batteries are ordered without these features for "ease of installation" according to voltphreaks website. Did you order the battery like this as it is not the standard set up? If not sure could you do a close up photo of the positive terminal and adjoining area. I'm keen to get the battery and appreciate your patience. Cheers

Thanks again Kelly. Next to the positive terminal there is normally a green led button on off switch and just above that there is a connector for attaching an optional lead for reactivation via an external button. This is to allow the battery to be re activated and allow the hood to be opened despite loosing power. Some batteries are ordered without these features for "ease of installation" according to voltphreaks website. Did you order the battery like this as it is not the standard set up? If not sure could you do a close up photo of the positive terminal and adjoining area. I'm keen to get the battery and appreciate your patience. Cheers

There is no additional harness connection point. I believe the specification of the battery has changed over time. There is a 2mm hole and LED adjacent to the positive post but that is the fault detection LED and buzzer perforation.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived