Selling Maxjax low ceiling 2 Post Hoist

bugger.. checked the garage yesterday, and my celing is just too bloody low. Also, my garage door mechanism would hit the roof of the car.I'm stuck with shitty jackstands.

Sell the house?

Hey Ken, Im interested. Ill check the shed tonight, but I believe it should fit. Do you have any information regarding the concrete slab thickness? I looked online and they simply show the process on installing the bolts, but not what would be considered "properly installed".

In the installation instructions it simply says "+A solid level concrete floor with no more than 3 degrees of slope". I never had any issues with the unit moving.

Hey Ken, Im interested. Ill check the shed tonight, but I believe it should fit. Do you have any information regarding the concrete slab thickness? I looked online and they simply show the process on installing the bolts, but not what would be considered "properly installed".

Where are you located ? - freight has been the biggest issue to date

There is more information on the Maxjax site:

Anchor Bolt Stress Analysis

Just how strong are the anchor bolts used for the MaxJax™? Here, we'll tell you exactly. In an effort to show just how safe the anchor bolts are when properly installed, our engineers performed stress analysis tests on just the three back anchors. Although we recommend using all five anchor bolts, we wanted to make sure there was no chance of failure when properly installed in concrete.

Analysis: Base plate anchor bolts (3 on outside edge) in tension. Analysis was performed using published Allowable Stress Design (ASD) "Design of Base Plates"......"Moments of Large Effective Eccentricities" formulas and procedures.

Formulas:

fp = 0.7 x fc

e = M/P

f1 = fp x B x N1 / 2

A = f1+/-(f12 - (.667 x fp x B) x (PA1+M)).5 / (fpxB/3)

T = (fp x A x B / 2) - P

T per bolt = T / # bolts

Safety Factor = Ultimate Bolt Strength / T per Bolt

anchor-stress.png

Design Factors:

Fc = 3000psi (Strength of concrete)

# bolts in tension = 3

Anchor Bolt Ultimate Strength = 12,580 lbs. PD58, 5/8" Wej-It Drop in Anchor, installed in 3000psi concrete per manufacturer's instructions.

Compressive Load = 3383 lbs. (3000 lbs. lifting + 383 lbs. lift assembly weight)

Moment = 124598 in-lb (per ALI B-4 lift diagram arm extension at rated load)

Moment = 138549 in-lb (with fully extended arms)

Results:

Tension stress per bolt = 2,838 lb tension, loaded per ALI B-1 diagram.

Tension stress per bolt = 3,238 lb tension, loaded per Arms Fully Extended.

Safety Factor = 443% (based on ALI B-1 arm extension)

Safety Factor = 389% (based on fully extended arms perpendicular to the lift)

i doubt your slab would be thin enough for it to be a problem, i assume your shed is bolted to it as well?

Russ should know- i think part of his work is about fixing stuff to concrete slabs

Base plate sizing plays a role. In some instances min slab thickness 100mm  don't cut the mustard. If you can't find  info from manufacturer have a quick chat with a structural engineer - must be one or two here

Because I have made the decision to sell my 964 C2 there is no reason to hold onto the Maxjax hoist.

It retails in Australia for $3300 so I am looking for $2250. I will list it on Ebay or Gumtree in the next days but thought I would give the PFA members first option.

More information about the hoist can be found here

http://www.maxjaxusa.com/

clear-access.png

The hoist is located in Brisbane and can easily be moved in a box trailer/

where is the dislike button?

yes

Because I have made the decision to sell my 964 C2 there is no reason to hold onto the Maxjax hoist.

It retails in Australia for $3300 so I am looking for $2250. I will list it on Ebay or Gumtree in the next days but thought I would give the PFA members first option.

More information about the hoist can be found here

http://www.maxjaxusa.com/

clear-access.png

The hoist is located in Brisbane and can easily be moved in a box trailer/

where is the dislike button?

Yes thats it.

I thought once a Porsche man is always a Porsche for man ever.

I would keep the hoist in case the Porsche bog over powers your rational side again.

Archived