SCART EXHAUST - anyone have one anyone heard one anyone recommend or not?

michel

Can anyone clue me up on SCART exhausts - I've listened to the youtube clips etc - sounds great, but can you live with it? Who has real world experience with a scart versus dansk 2 in 1 out sports?

Ive got option on either. Have had a dansk before interested to know can I live with a SCART - too feral?

here's the puppy

IMG_6524_1.jpg

Every day I regret not getting the Scart Classic for my 996. Now the $AUD is crap which puts them way out of my range. Martin Scart was very helpful while I stuffed him around. You'll find it hard to find any info on them though. I think they sound awesome. If this ever drove by me, I think I would probably tear up.

You lucky bugger, Michel!   I know that engine.  Just this Sunday I was told it had been sold to make way for a more period correct engine.  I can vouch that it sounds amazing, although I haven't heard it from the cabin.  Just from following the PO around central Victoria earlier this year.  We stopped for a BBQ lunch and the music from this car entertained us with it's sound while taking a few people for rides around the hills nearby.

20487922493_8a6a4c9aa4_k.jpg

Can anyone clue me up on SCART exhausts - I've listened to the youtube clips etc - sounds great, but can you live with it? Who has real world experience with a scart versus dansk 2 in 1 out sports?

Ive got option on either. Have had a dansk before interested to know can I live with a SCART - too feral?

here's the puppy

IMG_6524_1.jpg

Words fail me.  That is a mechanical masterpiece.  What's the go with that drive belt?  Something going on down below that we don't know about?

• 2 years later...
1 hour ago, Philbee said:

Hey there @michel...any luck or progress since this post on scart exhausts? Have you found who can supply them in oz, etc? Did you get one?

Martin SCART will freight one directly to you. No distributor here in Aus.

9 hours ago, Philbee said:

Thanks @Simonk... I googled & found his website... hmmm a bit pricey, 1500-2000 euro whereas a dansk is $1200 aus. 

Yeah, they were pricey 3 years ago when I last looked but they seem to have gone crazy! Muffler and cat bypass for the price of SSIs and muffler. I don't know how they sell anything, although the 3.2 Carrera Riva and Race pre muffler do sound pretty awesome.

9 hours ago, 901er said:

Stupid question, does anyone know how a scart would sound over the starr exhaust / muffler which is on my 3L? 

Jump on to YouTube and search “SCART exhaust”. There’s quite a few clips on there.

5 hours ago, Philbee said:

Yes it may sound great but just go back to my previous entry here... it's the $$. Way too many pesos, double other Porsche inspired mufflers!! 

That's why I'm wondering how good it really sounds, because the starr I currently have, sounds pretty good. I don't even need a new exhaust, but this bloody thread has me looking..

Archived