996 GT3 Track Junkies - what disks and pads do you use?

kiwi911

Hi Guys,

Looking for alternative front disks for a 996 GT3 that spends half it's life on the track?

What does everyone use?

Also - what pads to you use, I want a pad that doesn't queel and not too harsh......

Your advice would be appreciated.

Cheers

Paul

I'm using Brembo Motorsport Type 3 two peice rotors front and rear, supposedly last 3-4 times longer than the OEM stuff but $$$ on the initial buy in. Replacement rings are about the same as OEM. Pads not sure at the moment, assume pagid of some description. Will be putting performance friction 08 in there when they're done and probably 01 in the rear to get the rears to do some work.

other good option for discs is performance friction two piece. 

Just had the Brembo Motorsport type 3 fitted to my gt3 based on a recommendation from pr tech...but unfortunately very expensive. embarrassingly my gt3 spends little time on a track so i have absolutely no idea what their life will be like. but the guys a pr tech are very good when it comes to setting up p-cars for track so reckon you should give them consideration. 

• 4 months later...

I use Performance Friction rotors front and rear.  06 and 01 Performance Friction pads or Project Mu.  the Project Mu's are a bit harsh but great feel cold.

I've used this combination for the last 10 years on GT3's and well as Cup Cars. 

Rotor life is good and pricing is very good when compared to the Brembo product which I also used a lot until I went to PF.

Their service is great too.

I use Performance Friction rotors front and rear.  06 and 01 Performance Friction pads or Project Mu.  the Project Mu's are a bit harsh but great feel cold.

I've used this combination for the last 10 years on GT3's and well as Cup Cars. 

Rotor life is good and pricing is very good when compared to the Brembo product which I also used a lot until I went to PF.

Their service is great too.

Where do you source your PFC rotors from if you don't mine me asking? My last set of brembos cost $1800 just for the replacement rings which was about the same price as the whole PFC rotor and hat combo. 

Where do you source your PFC rotors from if you don't mine me asking? My last set of brembos cost $1800 just for the replacement rings which was about the same price as the whole PFC rotor and hat combo. 

I go direct.  They ship as well. 

My car is mostly road driven but I've done 3 track days.  PO had fitted brembo Motorsport discs and project Mu pads.  When front pads were getting low, I did some asking around and 2 Porsche workshops independently recommended Circo pads.  I thought they might be a bit aggressive as they quote for Motorsport use,  took the punt and had a set fitted front only just before Sandown and they were great.  No fade, pulled up well, no squeal, don't generate lots of dust  Also very good on road, very limited squeal.  Well priced too (can't recall exactly)

http://circobrakes.com/?page_id=38

Archived