New 356 in QLD

Merv

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maury is making me up a muffler now thanks.  Spoke with him at length.  These old 356 guys are gold.

We should have a drive up this way!!!  Visit to Bowdens' to see their Carreras?

• 1 month later...

URL]Beach%20shot%20356_zpsa38snkcy.jpgStill not received my new muffler but it is close.  Car has had a lot of mechanical attention to the engine electrics, suspension bushes, gear shift bushes, all fuel line, brake lines and master cylinder and fuel pump.  Running really well. These old car are beguiling.  

URL]

• 1 month later...

Thanks Lee.  I bought a DAS6 polisher with the various bits.  Great value package and you just can't go wrong with it.  Now the 54 year old paint looks great after many years of being kept "natural'.

being 'n URL]20151107_074357_zpsqea1zxo4.jpgPolished%203_zpstcgbhlmi.jpg

Their $249 set up with the polisher, three sequenced mild cutters/polishes and then some 100% wax, is the way to go.  Australia available too. You might order an extra pad however.  It comes with three pads and all the other bits.  Did my homework and this one has the necessary grunt and also safety of not damaging your paint.  I used it on the other car to get rid of swirl marks.  All gone and like glass now.

https://www.carcareproducts.com.au/product/mint_protools/ro_polisher_das6_pro 

"

"I'm stoked you're keeping the paint all original Merv. Nice one" Yes Lee.  It is a burden when I look at the odd stone dent, scuff mark and thin area, but IS original and for such old paint has lasted well.  Not too many kept that way, but it is a trend that is catching on.  Chris Bowden had a good look at it the other day and was emphatic. "Don't paint it!"

Archived