Classic Vee-Dub

Anyone here ever bought anything from Classic Vee-Dub in Rydalmere?  I bought (and payed at the time by PayPal) a 3 pin brake light switch for my SC from them on the 10th of this month.  Hadn't arrived by Friday, so I rang them today.  Gave the guy my order number.  "Oh yeah, I've got one of those here.  I'll send it out to you today".  WTF???  Why not send it when I order it, instead of waiting for me to ring.  Based on that little exchange, if I hadn't phoned I probably would never have received it.  Sorry, but I won't be using this dude again.  Or should I cut him some slack?

normal ,behaviour

unanswered calls & emails a familiar story

apparently the only way is to go to his shop

plenty of threads about this on numerous sites

How does the dude stay in business?  Fair dinkum...   I don't want to flame the bloke, but needless to say, I won't be giving him any more business.

The guy is an idiot Stew

I was going to spend a couple of grand with him yonks ago with my Karmann Ghia, yet he dicked me around for weeks like most Australian VW shops do.

Then they have the audacity to say we're assholes for buying from the USA at half the price! Stuff 'em I say. Want the business? Answer ya phone!

CIP1 in the US is the best place to buy anything VW related. It's cheaper and gets to your door quicker

He was a bit standoffish, almost rude, when I rang. When I gave him my order number he knew straight away.  I was pretty fking annoyed considering I ordered  it as a spare for the Tassie trip. Hopefully it arrives by Friday.

I hate to say it, but don't hold your breath

Almost rude? Arrogant pr..k more like it. I'd rather pay double than buy from him

well have got back to Adelaide, drove to the post box mobile get my mail, and sure enough, nothing from them. Need to check my credit card statement to see if the joker has billed me for it.

well have got back to Adelaide, drove to the post box mobile get my mail, and sure enough, nothing from them. Need to check my credit card statement to see if the joker has billed me for it.

That sucks mate.

I ordered some bits for my 58 beetle, and was promised they were in stock and would be sent the next day. 

Money had been deducted from my account, and after 5 weeks of waiting, emails and calls in that time, it was 'On back order mate!' I got my money back and bought the bits from CIP1 directly, and had them in my hands within 5 days.

Theyre the WORST business I have ever dealt with

Stew. I live 10 mins from there.  More than happy to collect for you and post. 

Guy seems like a right nob. 

cheers hughesy

Thanks hughesy. I didn't get to checking out if the money has come out.  I'll do it tomorrow some time, and if it has I'll ring the bloke first. Maybe it's in the post. If it isn't I may take you up on that offer. Thanks.

Thanks hughesy. I didn't get to checking out if the money has come out.  I'll do it tomorrow some time, and if it has I'll ring the bloke first. Maybe it's in the post. If it isn't I may take you up on that offer. Thanks.

It's ALWAYS "in the post !!"

• 1 month later...

Archived