Greatest Porsche Race Car. Poll

Guest vas930

Guest Nick987

Don't know about you Airhead but I prefer she don't sit with me when I'm lapping...liable to get shanked by turn 3 :lol:

Or is it shived? I always get the two confused... <_<

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mmmmm...... Im not so sure bout that hybrid - doesnt seem real....you Need Pistons & Cylinders & Turbos n all the those polluting things in a Porsche.... otherwise you could just use a HYPERDRIVE ! fast but dangerous...

Quote: Some starships, such as the Millennium Falcon, underwent after-market modifications to achieve ratings of Warp Class 0.5, and Dash Rendar&#39;s Outrider also had a hyperdrive Class 0.75, which was also achieved by modifications, although tampering with the generally stable technology of a hyperdrive was considered a dangerous activity. Boba Fett&#39;s Slave I had a class 0.7 hyperdrive. Hyperdrives built by those outside the sphere of the Galactic Republic, Galactic Empire and New Republic, such as the Hapan Froond-class hyperdrive, were not classed in the standard system, as controlled comparisons were difficult to attain.

Malfunctions:

Sometimes, the hyperdrive malfunctioned while in operation. When this occurred, many things could happen, however most consequences are unknown and usually fatal.

Still, some malfunctions did not have such grim conclusions. Faulty relativistic shielding could expose passengers to the altered space-time continuum, causing a journey which seemed a few hours to actually take centuries in the real world. Bosbit Matarcher (famous hybrid racer) was known to have experienced this phenomenon.

So there it is, if it malfunctions it may take centuries to get where ya goin...much safer and sounds much better with an infernal combustion engine !

Guest Nick987

...much safer and sounds much better with an infernal combustion engine !

Yes agreed, but you forget that no infernal combustion engined craft ever made the Kessel Run in less than twelve parsecs.

Guest Nick987

You guys have no taste!!

Has to be the classic Porka!

Theo? Puhleez let's put that bacon sammich away. That wurst wagon is just wrong! One day was enough for all that porky, porka, porcine madness...I don't want to go there again...(think of a happy place...think of a happy place...)

Theo? Puhleez let's put that bacon sammich away. That wurst wagon is just wrong! One day was enough for all that porky, porka, porcine madness...I don't want to go there again...(think of a happy place...think of a happy place...)

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

normal.jpg

A late addition but one of the all time best looking Porsche race cars

For anyone interested, the 917K of the Porsche museum isn't actually the 1970 Le Mans winner. The actual Le Mans winner recently sold at a reported price of $US10 million. The owner entered the car in this year's Le Mans Classic, however, he had allegedly commissioned an exact recreation/replica of the car be built. Therefore nobody is really sure what was raced.

I took this about 18 months ago, when I was doing my homework before I set up Autohaus Hamilton's parts division. Three fierce Porsche race cars. In the foreground, a 917 Can Am car, on the right a 934.5 if memory serves correctly, and as a backdrop, a 917.

Trio.png

Guest vas930

James, from memory the 934.5 had the stock 930 front.

However, that is a 934.5 rear wing.

But they are the classic 935 wheels.

An updated 934.5 ?

A nice rep of that wheel now being made in the US.

I took this about 18 months ago, when I was doing my homework before I set up Autohaus Hamilton's parts division. Three fierce Porsche race cars. In the foreground, a 917 Can Am car, on the right a 934.5 if memory serves correctly, and as a backdrop, a 917.

Trio.png

Agree with Chris, great pic James. Been to Canepa's facility as well, great place. They just finished a restoration on the 1979 Le Mans winning Kremer Porsche 935 K3. Number 12 in your photo is a 1979 Porsche 935, not a 934.5.

Very Good Homework James !

So many awesome cars here !!

I think that´s part of the adventure of Porsche...

just when you think you´ve seen the best another best comes along but for completely different reasons....

The Porsche Museum is Fantastic, great little workshop downstairs too...amazing how there´s no barrier´s around the cars !

The showroom across the road is also worth a vist !

I had dinner upstairs at the restaurant, then on the way out was permitted to take another walk around the museum after hrs, alone !

Thanks for the comments and corrections guys. There deffinly was a 934.5 there!

Well spotted those who recognised it as Canepa design!

As an aside, when I was there, they had no fewer than 4 959's in for work of various degrees of complexity. By contrast, in all of Australia there are three (3) 959's.

James

Thanks for the Pics Chris it would have been a treat walking around in the presence of such greatness and that is only one car amongst so many beauties.

I have the museum on my bucket list and look forward to going.

Sounds like todays SMT was another good one hope you all enjoyed, looking forward to getting to one again soon.

K

Good you Kev, yes it was such a life highlight to visit the Porsche museum. Seems

Ike a dream now.

Hope you get the opportunity it's really a fabulous place.

SMT was epic hope you get along to another soon. Hopefully once the weather improves we can get some regular ones happening...

Love to see that silver 993 out front...

C

• 5 months later...

Archived