Greatest Porsche Race Car. Poll

Guest vas930

Guest vas930

OK time for another Poll.

Whats your favourite Porsche race car of all time?

Can be any Porsche Race car.

You can post why and a pic if you want.

Or just the name of the car.

Its just for fun. :)

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For me it has to be the 904 GTS.

I can't go past it's looks and I like the idea of being able to drive to and from the track.

IMG_0475R.jpg

You mean like this one? This was in the street in Warragul last Sunday Morning...... :)

Guest vas930

Has to be the Gulf 917's.

Can never get sick of watching the movie Lemans and hearing that scream of the flat 12 down the Mulsanne straight... :)

Cheers

Chris

porsche_917k_le-mans1.jpg

IMG_0475R.jpg

You mean like this one? This was in the street in Warragul last Sunday Morning...... :)

Hi Peter,

Do you know anything about that car?

There was a similar car with fuchs and a flat six at Duttons a year or two ago.

Doug

Has to be the Gulf 917's.

Can never get sick of watching the movie Lemans and hearing that scream of the flat 12 down the Mulsanne straight... :)

Cheers

Chris

I'm with you Chris. 917K short tail insane race car. Very brave men who drove these. The only thing they had for side inpact protection were fuel tanks up around your arm pits :blink:

Hi Peter,

Do you know anything about that car?

There was a similar car with fuchs and a flat six at Duttons a year or two ago.

Doug

Hi Doug,

Mike from Spyder was driving it, as he is doing it up for someone he knows. Its actually a kit that was imported from the UK. If I remember correctly its got an SC 3ltr motor and running gear. Interestingly due the the set up, the gear change pattern is around the wrong way, i.e 1st is right and up etc.

It doesnt have any weight in it, and I suspect is goes off like a scalded cat !!!

regards

Peter

• 11 months later...

I´m not sure if this counts, but ther´s no reason it shouldn´t: THE 360 Cisitalia

Just OOzing Technology - further ahead of its time than any other !

If not its Gotta be the 917 - Check it out

How much fun would that be ! What a beast ! What a drivers view ! 246MPH myth or fact....what other car can create that debate ?

Then theres the sound !!.....

`You dont need rear vision because nothing comes up behind you´

Guest Nick987

Just found this thread...love the above posts and choices.

As a teenager reading about the 959 road version supercar, I was trully blown away by the tech tour de force this car represented.

But to then go and throw a bunch of 'em into a rally across deserts...well...you would have to be a little 'different' in the way you approached life. :D

Sooooo...

The car would have to be a Dakar conquering 959 for me, no tougher race on earth...no more incredible race car to win it.

From a time when smokes paid for your tyres and turbos :lol:

071_959_no186_paris-Dakar.jpg

060_959_no186_paris-Dakar.jpg

Guest Nick987

Then again...when this machine starts to compete in earnest...it will trump the 959 for me... :lol:

Finally someone took George Lucas' lead and added your own personal R2-D2 in the drivers seat (the ladies will be PISSED...still can't fold a road map though... :lol: oh wait...hang on...that ain't no R2-D2!) That there is a flywheel 'akoo-moo-lay-ta' :blink: spinning at 36,000 RPM :o

Still can't fold a road map though... <_<

zoom.jpg?pool=multimedia&type=image&id=2011-01-10-9&lang=none&filetype=zoom&version=cbbac637-8229-46a2-ae2a-2fd2e5d001cb

And it's birth 'mother'... :o

zoom.jpg?pool=germany&type=image&id=2010-02-11-sz-05-en&lang=none&filetype=zoom&version=c5140142-03e1-475e-a578-f45b5abf128d

Control deck... B)

porsche-911-gt3r-hybrid-version-20-2.jpg

More here... :unsure:

http://www.autoblog....t-drive-review/

And here... :blink:

http://www.gizmag.co...rsion-20/19038/

Ahh yeaahh !!

:D

Archived