1990 964 4 manual coupe for sale

just reneged on what we has agreed last week. Didn't seem to bother them that much

Did you advise them that you where going to advertise it (or had advertised it) privately prior to consigning? 

Nice car by the way, a lot of red ones about though. Here's the source! :)

IMG_2923__1452596600_155.143.133.89.jpg

Did you advise them that you where going to advertise it (or had advertised it) privately prior to consigning? 

Jesus

still, never thought I'd own a red car, but been a bit of a revelation after 20 years of black/silver. I'm a convert to a bit of colour in my life ;) 

Stop messin' around and just get to hot roddin' this car! You're not going to get a better base than this!

It's not like IB cars are that much cheaper.  Plus this has all the good gear underneath...

Stop messin' around and just get to hot roddin' this car! You're not going to get a better base than this!

It's not like IB cars are that much cheaper.  Plus this has all the good gear underneath...

lost the will tit. family, life and work take priority in 2016. Perfectly happy cruising in the 930. If I get the itch again a second hand ZAG will be fine (and cheaper)

More common than 964 backdate's they said... HAHA. I'll take the backdate over a Red C4 :P 

Why do the backdate ZAG have unusual offset wheels compared to the SINGER variants

Do SINGERS have considerable mods done to the track?

yes. They have carbon widebodies put on them.

lost the will tit. family, life and work take priority in 2016. Perfectly happy cruising in the 930. If I get the itch again a second hand ZAG will be fine (and cheaper)

fairenuff...

ha - just an x-mas break, but does make you think about the whole aussi car thing. Is a 'coogee Carerra' as bad as a Uk import?

I would think about and insist on a PPI before buying a "beachside" suburb classic car ..... even for an everyday car .... has the same stigma about all the salt in the air.

It wouldn't stop me from buying it .... just be a little more cautious. Probably not much in it, but the stigma .....

I live within a good boomerang throw of the ocean.  If you're mindful then your car doesn't need to suffer.   The 'salt in the air' is a very real thing, but it's easy to avoid.  1. Don't ever leave your car outside.  Ever.  Washing and driving are the only reasons to have it outside.  2. Cover the car inside the garage.  3.  Keep your garage closed.  4. When you wash, really flush the car with fresh water and dry it thoroughly.

salt in the air is just salty moisture.  It's heavy, and it falls downwards.  If you cover your car and don't leave it outside, then it won't go upwards and rust out sills, exhausts and fasteners.  Road salt is the opposite and gets flung up into the parts that can handle it the least.

'country cars' have their own problems - dust everywhere and rock hard rubber.  Only cars kept in cartoon bubbles are well preserved.

anyone is welcome to inspect my DD which is not only a UK import but has lived next to the beach for 10 years since import.  The only rust it has is on the fan retaining bolt, which was not coated for some reason.  Cars which are looked after do not automatically have a rusty death sentence.

I was winding you up T.

But having said that I always give all my cars a good freshwater hose on the underbody and an exterior wash after they've been at the beach.

Ankor Wax is a good product to prevent rust too ... a coat all over and underneath every 6 months after a good wash, polish and week of dry weather ...

I was winding you up T.

really? ;) 

no, this is now new critical pre purchase information. From this day forward all should avoid :-

bondi boxters

tamarrama turbos 

and Coogee Carreras....

please consult google maps if in anyway uncertain. 

'Coastr' should go in for an immediate rebrand ?

really? ;) 

no, this is now new critical pre purchase information. From this day forward all should avoid :-

bondi boxters

tamarrama turbos 

and Coogee Carreras....

please consult google maps if in anyway uncertain. 

'Coastr' should go in for an immediate rebrand ?

I'll do that whenever I actually sell a car.   Hasn't happened in a long time.

Archived