16 inch tyres

Stew F

I recently got on to a bloke who may have a number of245/45 16 tyres in Murray Bridge. New, never been fitted, $75 each, but he hasn't got back with the brand and quantity.  So yesterday I was browsing the internet for that size and noticed that toyo are discontinuing the r888 and replacing it with a new tyre - r888r. Problem is that they don't list a 245/45 16 in the new tyre. 

And that Stew, is why I have bought the 17" Euromeisters for my resto. The 16" tyre selection just keeps declining.

I will just pack the 16" Fuchs away, you never know what will change in the future. 

EUROMEISTER.jpg

And that Stew, is why I have bought the 17" Euromeisters for my resto. The 16" tyre selection just keeps declining.

I will just pack the 16" Fuchs away, you never know what will change in the future. 

EUROMEISTER.jpg

You think the 16 inch selection is bad? You should see the 15 inch offerings .... :unsure:

16's weren't a problem for road tyres when I needed them at the back end of last year, Bridgestone got my money in the end. Track rubber might be a different ball game though, might be worth trying mytyres or blackcircles in the UK for those. Mytyres will deliver to Aus if contacted directly, they didn't have an Aus option on the the website though. All their tyres are shipped from Germany, always had good service from them.

I recently got on to a bloke who may have a number of245/45 16 tyres in Murray Bridge. New, never been fitted, $75 each, but he hasn't got back with the brand and quantity.  

I think some of you might be missing the size of tyres Stew posted - 245/45 16, these ARE hard to get in Australia. There are a fair few 16s around in other widths/ratios, but not many in 245/45 which is the rear tyre for 930 (and presumably 3.2 wide body).

Stew, did he get back to you with any more details (incl age of them)?

I think some of you might be missing the size of tyres Stew posted - 245/45 16, these ARE hard to get in Australia. There are a fair few 16s around in other widths/ratios, but not many in 245/45 which is the rear tyre for 930 (and presumably 3.2 wide body).

Stew, did he get back to you with any more details (incl age of them)?

not yet. I was going to contact him today, but I was under the pump with werk.  Toyo still do the t1r road tyre in that size, but I wonder if they might drop it at the next model update. 

Archived