Carerra Cup at Clipsal

Airhead

The season starts.

if you not there then I guess you'll be glued to the box.

http://email.5x5.com.au/t/ViewEmail/r/BE2B84449F9FF6192540EF23F30FEDED/1E0E85FE78767835A10BC276F201ED4B

BROADCAST SCHEDULE (LOCAL TIME)
Channel: TEN

Race 1 – 3:05pm, Friday March 04
Race 2 – 11:35am, Saturday March 05
Race 3 – 2:10pm, Sunday March 06
Channel: Fox Sports 5 (Channel 506)
Practice 1 – 1:15pm, Thursday March 03
Practice 2 – 4:50pm, Thursday March 03
Qualifying – 8:45am, Friday March 04
Race 1 – 3:05pm, Friday March 04
Race 2 – 11:35am, Saturday March 05
Race 3 – 2:10pm, Sunday March 06

I was there yesterday. First time I've been. It was quite warm, but a really good day. Only qualifying, but it was still pretty good.  We walked around the pits area where the cup cars were, as well as the touring cars, and other stuff.  Plenty of displays, including 100 years of BMW.  They have a Beneton F1 car on display.  Had a bit of a chat with Nascar legend Robby Gordon about the Stadium Super trucks.  Very American, but a bit of a laugh.  And loud.  We didn't get to see the GT cars off track, but on track, at WOT those SLS AMG's sound amazing.  The Army have a cool display with some vehicles, a big arsed helicopter that's almost as long as a semi, and a couple of pretty wild street machines that the apprentices built at the Army TAFE.  Good to see them doing something that the community can identify with.  Building hot cars almost makes you want to enlist. 

Been here past few days, saw O'Keefe lose the rear of his cup car in the braking zone in turn 4 and smash nose first into the wall. Later saw his team drilling out the rivets on the mangled front sub section of the tub, hammer it off and re-fit a new unit supplied by Porsche Race Support.

The cup cars seem to get a bit louder through each generation and the 991s sound insanely good as a result.

I was there all 4 days, very hot then very wet!! Loved the P-Cars. I was at turn 3 as the Sonic car came in backwards to hit the tyres about 4m in front of me!! Ouch! I'm not even going to mention the debacle that was Sundays V8 "race"....gggrrrrhh

The missus went there as a support worker for some kids, and when she got home all she could rave about was how good the Cup Cars sounded. 

I was a few kays away south of the city working, and even I could hear them! 

I got offered a last minute free pass to go on Sunday, but was working on the car with a mate. Glad I didnt go with the weather coming in that hard

Watched it on the box on sunday. Cup cars were great and the weather not too bad for them, V8's not so much...weather was a huge test though!

Was funny watching our GoPro rep Nathan Pretty in the Utes! Did well and came in close 2nd. That dude can drive anything!

Archived