Choosing between Michelin PS2's and Pirelli P Zero's

Whytar

Advice please folks. I am about to buy some replacement tyres for my 997.2 4S to ship back with the car to Australia later this year. It currently has Bridgestone RE050's which are OK, but I really want to go either Pirelli or Michelin.

I can get a set of Pirelli P Zeros (2 X 305/30/19 - 2 X 235/35/19) for approx AUD$1,350 delivered

I can get a set of Michelin PS2's (same sizes) for approx AUD$1,600 delivered

What I want to know is if anyone has a link to a good comparison article of these 2 tyres. I can't really find any information that clearly outlines the performance differences of one over the other. I am trying to understand whether the Michelins are worth the extra $$$ as I know they are both excellent tyres and I may realistically see no difference between them for regular road use. I'm keen to see side0by-side data on:

- Wear (tyre life)

- Noise

- Wet weather performance

Any good articles (or even personal experiences) would be welcome.

I was informed that PS2 are becomming obsolete. Very annoyed as I could not get 235/35 19 in AU. I actually prefer PSS and would recommend them even though they are not N marked in my sizes. I would also recommend PS CUP2 which I have on the Cayman R.

Thanks Redracn. PS2's are readily available here so not sure why the info is different. I think PZero's will also be up to task for road driving. MCup2's are maybe not ideal due to their wet weather grip and I don't track the car.

The Michelin dealer here rang the distribution centre and was told no more PS2 would be coming in.  Currently no problem getting sizes that are in stock. From my experience Michelin supply can be iffy in AU as they often run out of stock so I usually buy 3 or more months in advance.  The excuse being that they are hand made. Currently waiting for PSS and CUP2 to land on the docks for the TurboS

I have used the CUP2 for spirited driving on closed public roads in quite wet conditions and found the grip to be very good as long as there is not enough water to cause them to aquaplane which would be less than with a more normal road tyre. They are way better than CUP1.

Thanks guys, just found an online retailer than is only $180 more for PS2's over PZero's, so no brainer really...

care to share?

A short while ago, I was also told no more PS2 in certain sizes.. they are chaning etc etc.. said there were NONE in aus.

Went to another mob, and they got them in overnight.

I have a 964 with PS2 and love it. I have owned a Cayman S with PS2, loved it.

I also have a Boxster S with PZero - doesn't instill as much confidence in me as the PS2.

personal opinions only

Mike, I bought through www.tyreleader.co.uk who are MILES cheaper than Australia. Just not sure on shipping costs if you deliver down under.

care to share?

A short while ago, I was also told no more PS2 in certain sizes.. they are chaning etc etc.. said there were NONE in aus.

Went to another mob, and they got them in overnight.

I have a 964 with PS2 and love it. I have owned a Cayman S with PS2, loved it.

I also have a Boxster S with PZero - doesn't instill as much confidence in me as the PS2.

personal opinions only

Archived