Brisbane North Side / Sunshine Coast Drive

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, let's do something!  How about lunch at Mapleton Pub this weekend coming [16th or 17th of April]??  Could meet on Nth side of Bris and head up over Mt Mee, then up the back of the Maleny Range [Bald Knob Rd] or something...  

I am keen for sure...

Be good to get a little Brisbane group together.. not just for drives, but perhaps knowledge, DIY, etc... Prob not wise to post mobile numbers here, but I am happy to pm it to anyone.

fyi - I live in Greenslopes, 

Current drive is a 964 C2 and a Boxster S (MY07)

Mike, Woka and others - what's your preference: Sat vs. Sun, early morning jaunt, or morning drive for early lunch?  

My preference would be for a longer drive, arrive for early lunch somewhere and head home after...  Also happy with early morning coffee and a drive and home before lunch...   

Another option is early-early start and breakfast at top of Mt Glorious or Samford Bakery/Cafe...   OMG, so many options :D 

I'm located in Paddington now, so can meet anywhere convenient. 

Cheers all. 

So it's looking like this: Mike can only do Sundays, I'm good for Sunday morning through to lunch, Woka can do Sunday morning and assuming thumperson can do Sunday [but Sat better].  

IAM911 and PaulCarrera to get back to us.

So let's do something Sunday morning.  

My suggestion: meet Mt Coot-tha lookout car park [that way we get to warm our engines and gearboxes :D ] at 7.30am - watch out for cyclists.  Drive from there, out waterworks road, Mt Glorious, down through Samford and on to Dayboro and then the Pit Stop Cafe for Brunch...  Sound like a plan??  :rolleyes: 

If not totally agreeable, or too early, just let us know!? 

Paul I was thinking about this as well, might have to plan for something when you get back.

sunday morning is better all round as much less traffic.

im keen to do a repeat of the beerwah-kenilworth-mapleton-landsborough route we did this time last year, starting early from beerwah (7:30 or so). Difference would be coffee at flaxton instead of kenilworth, because better views and the best driving done before the farm Utes emerge.

interest in that, perhaps early May?

My suggestion: meet Mt Coot-tha lookout car park [that way we get to warm our engines and gearboxes :D ] at 7.30am - watch out for cyclists.  Drive from there, out waterworks road, Mt Glorious, down through Samford and on to Dayboro and then the Pit Stop Cafe for Brunch...  Sound like a plan??  :rolleyes: 

ok, see you there.

I'm keen to meet up from time to time but can't make this Sunday morning.  Suggestion for another time - late afternoon cruise along Redcliffe esplanade over Houghton Highway bridge and along Sandgate foreshore stopping somewhere for fish & chips.  Could also add in a mountain drive beforehand.

I am keen it doesn`t have to be this weekend,

but it would be nice to do a drive somewhere in and around the Sunshine Coast Hinterland  finishing with a Pub lunch...... or Pizza ?

Perhaps make it a family day ?

I am keen it doesn`t have to be this weekend,

but it would be nice to do a drive somewhere in and around the Sunshine Coast Hinterland  finishing with a Pub lunch...... or Pizza ?

Perhaps make it a family day ?

How about we choose and lock in a date for next month?  Would be good to do a drive and finish with a pub lunch somewhere!  

I'm going to start a new thread for next drive! May! 

What time do you think you'll leave Mt Coot-tha - I might be able to make it now.  Otherwise I'll try to pick you up along the way - maybe Samford.

Probably around 7.45am or so.  PM your mobile and I can text you when we're not far from Samford. 

Yes - excellent morning through the twists.!  A few too many coppers, but we got away with it.

Nice to put some faces to the names..  Lets do it again sometime soon..! 

Thanks for getting it off the ground - 5 cars with very little notice, next time, lets get 10 to come along.  

Whats the Euro at lakeside.  I'll Google, but meanwhile.  :)

hRVIxmN.jpg

d3HBY0j.jpg

fYLYXzO.jpg

Cheers.

Archived