BUGS

StevepGT3

VU PLEX as you probably are aware is used on aircraft windscreens etc, I was given a bottle when I had the wrap done.   (also available in Autobarn.)

it was explained to me that it does the same job as wax or a sealer, so when you polish and then wax/seal your normal paint, on the rest of the unwrapped car

you then do the wrapped area with VuPlex,.... spray it on and then micro fibre cloth off.   Certainly works that way.

But when I rang James (Invisible Car Bra) the other day, he said it can be used to clean the bugs of the wrap also, by spraying it on the effected area of the wrap,

then leave the car to bake in the sun and it should help remove the bug/whatever.

Due to a lack of baking type sun here in Vic for the last few days, I haven't actually tried to do that yet.  

I did however try to rub the bug marks off with the Vu Plex but to no avail.

I think it is meant more as a protective coating than a cleaner, but worth a try.

Great product though.

FWIW I treat my wrap as a painted surface when it comes to protection. Whatever wax, sealant or glaze I put on the paint, I also apply to the wrap. I'm disappointed to hear these bug guts have done that to your wrap Niko, paint protection film is designed to do just that but I'd expect it would be strong enough to withstand whatever acids are contained in the guts of an insect. 

Thanks Spiller, I have used all sorts of products on the wrap, over the last couple of days and I agree that from now on instead of half wax and half vu plex I will probably do the entire car in the same product.

i would have expected the bug guts to come off as well.   

Turtle Wax Tar and bug spray seems to work a treat on the Landrover and that eats bugs being a square box ..its white but they still seem to hit it ;)

3 month old bugs gone today easy , after 6-10 mins soak ..even bought another bottle this morning

Archived