Thoughts on this 928...

Pork Chops

https://www.carsales.com.au/dealer/details/Porsche-928-1989/OAG-AD-12522513

So I'm now lusting after a 928. Thoughts on price and colour. Colour is not ideal but klms are low and condition looks good. Different wheels and a suspension drop and it would look good. Does the dealer doing the paint take some of the bad out of it? I like the interior combo....

Flame suit on, so do your worst! 

Was discussed a bit when first went on sale. Non original colour and not sure if Australia delivered? Price seems a tad high for my liking, but then again the one that just sold for $47k I think anything goes.....

• 2 months later...

It's still for sale @Pork Chops, go and make a low ball offer ;)

Well I'm still lacking a domestic permit for such a move, so sadly that can't happen.  I've also learned than my front engined fantasy is more so a 944 Turbo than a 928, so I'll declare no further fantastical interest in this car.

I have seen that car in the flesh and the colour looks much better in person than it does in photos. The car is very straight, with a great looking interior. 

Its overpriced though - HK import and non factory paint, my suggestion is that's a $25k -$30k car max  

i believe it's at Brooklands - they have another earlier 928 also. Why don't you go and take a look at them, being at a dealer it's probably easier to browse and figure out if a 928 is for you. You are also welcome to drive mine if you are still on the fence. 

Cheers

Dave

I have seen that car in the flesh and the colour looks much better in person than it does in photos. The car is very straight, with a great looking interior. 

Its overpriced though - HK import and non factory paint, my suggestion is that's a $25k -$30k car max  

i believe it's at Brooklands - they have another earlier 928 also. Why don't you go and take a look at them, being at a dealer it's probably easier to browse and figure out if a 928 is for you. You are also welcome to drive mine if you are still on the fence. 

Cheers

Dave

Thanks Dave that is a kind offer.  Assuming we both make it to Brighton on the 17th and you bring the 928, that could be an ideal time to do so.

Archived