Back From Rennsport With Ideas. SC Upgrade Bits That Did Not Need Upgrading Before I Left

Steve88

I feel like the one day trip to Rennsport will end up costing me a small ( to medium ) fortune .

Truly felt  like a kid in a candy shop as I took in every detail over and over again to return and sit and stare at my car like I have never done before .What a fantastic event to see so many fantastic cars up close on not on a screen . The only issue with this is the desire to upgrade parts of my car which I were fine and I didn't think needed upgrading .

If anyone can give me a few ideas on where to source these parts or who to get in contact with to get some of the following done on my 80SC :

New rear centre reflector with Porsche text .

New rear taillight lenses and rubber strip 

Re- seal my windscreen or how much should a new screen cost installed . I`m in Melbourne . Any leads ?

New Sun-visors Black

New Headliner ( black perf )

Front floors mats . 

Re-Trim my dash , console trim and create new door cards . I have speakers  , tweeter and electric switch . Looking to remove the tweeter and clean up the door . Good trimmers Melbourne Northern Suburbs 

Also if anyone has any second hand Sports seats please feel free to let me know or even black mats that are not needed 

Steve

I feel like the one day trip to Rennsport will end up costing me a small ( to medium ) fortune .

Truly felt  like a kid in a candy shop as I took in every detail over and over again to return and sit and stare at my car like I have never done before .What a fantastic event to see so many fantastic cars up close on not on a screen . The only issue with this is the desire to upgrade parts of my car which I were fine and I didn't think needed upgrading .

If anyone can give me a few ideas on where to source these parts or who to get in contact with to get some of the following done on my 80SC :

New rear centre reflector with Porsche text .

New rear taillight lenses and rubber strip 

Re- seal my windscreen or how much should a new screen cost installed . I`m in Melbourne . Any leads ?

New Sun-visors Black

New Headliner ( black perf )

Front floors mats . 

Re-Trim my dash , console trim and create new door cards . I have speakers  , tweeter and electric switch . Looking to remove the tweeter and clean up the door . Good trimmers Melbourne Northern Suburbs 

Also if anyone has any second hand Sports seats please feel free to let me know or even black mats that are not needed 

Steve

I don't know if you will be able to afford to hear the answer to your questions ..... there's a lot of "upgrades" .....:lol:

I don't know if you will be able to afford to hear the answer to your questions ..... there's a lot of "upgrades" .....:lol:

Yeh I did some calculations. Just looking for the right place and people to get in touch with 

Windscreen was a big one for me as I'm not happy with the revision mirror fitment and the seals are dead 

You can try James at Autohaus for quite a few of those parts ....

Otherwise Pelican Parts in the US sells them brand new .....

Be prepared to pay for new parts though ..... a new rear reflector will cost you about $1000 not including shipping.

James at Autohaus as he's just sent me a number of new seals etc, great service. don't know how bad your R/Reflector is but try polishing it as you do with acrylic headlights.

And in Melbourne: Chris at Weissach sport ( Coburg ).

Garry Blackman in Richmond for trimming, very good with door cards & correct weave carpets. Old dash can be reskinned, Try Porsche A Part in Mordilliac for tailight lenses and other odd bits, Dennis is not cheap but often has hard to find stuff. I have one RH Sunvisor in good condition that came off my 73 E that I would sell if interested.

I was looking at carpet sets the other night on the web. Somewhere in thy eastern states. They listed perf headlining for the princely sum of 75 bills. I'll see if I can find it.

http://www.prostitch.com.au/shopdisplayproducts.asp?id=1&cat=Porsche

Actually it's 78 bills, not 75. 

Thanks Stew . Left a few messages for these guys and an email . Was looking at getting a price to re-do my dash and a few other parts . See what happens 

Archived