Jacking off

Tell me … whats the lowest trolley jack you have come across , I wanna get under the TT , I bought a jack its say 70mm but had t return it as it was actually 92.5mm… dem dere boxes lie you know 

Any experiences with getting a ultra low profile 2t jack or maybe 1.5 under your car and where did ya source it ??

Im tired of getting the little biddy alu porsche one out to start the journey..

Symsy,

I found that having 4 planks about 1 and 1/2 inches thick to drive the car up and onto makes the whole jacking up exercise much easier and the height of the actual jack less critical.  Just cut a bit of a ramp or taper on one end of each plank to make the run up easier.  Each plank is about 4 feet long as the car will move a bit towards the jack as it is raised.

Hope this helps. 

Tell me … whats the lowest trolley jack you have come across , I wanna get under the TT , I bought a jack its say 70mm but had t return it as it was actually 92.5mm… dem dere boxes lie you know 

Any experiences with getting a ultra low profile 2t jack or maybe 1.5 under your car and where did ya source it ??

Im tired of getting the little biddy alu porsche one out to start the journey..

How low us your TT? I thought my car was low but I get the Arcan 1500 Jack under with plenty to spare  

Trolley JackTrolley JackTrolley Jack

The jack pad has a rubber insert but I also put a piece of 10mm rubber on to protect the body/engine when lifting from the front or back.   I've got an insert to go into the bodyside lifting socket. 

Hmmm  double pumpers 

So where you guys jacking from at the rear …the TT the jack goes under , tried an Arcan but not enough reach for anywhere I would like to jack against.

Big subject this … Is it safe to say Green Targa .. down here in the bowels of PFA ;)

I use a block of wood and jack from the centre of the case to get that extra lift.

You can get fancy and purchase one of those engine jack point/tow hook/skid contraption. Not sure whether it is for all 911s though http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/JACK-STAND-SCREWED-PORSCHE911-CAR-LIFT-SUPPORT-AT-REAR-ENGINE-/151384075228?hash=item233f31abdc:g:mMgAAOSwGvhT7LUf

No good for 'no provenance' lime green coloured cars though ;) 

Archived