My '88 928 S4 - consolidated thread

Diamond911

Thought I would start a consolidated thread on my 1988 928 S4 so that I can find info when I need it as it's starting to scatter.

After several weekends of elbow grease cleaning up my flat discs/manhole covers they now are on the car with a new set of Conti's. (@Ozvino thanks for your helpful thread on that one).

Anyway, here are a few photos from a PCWA cruise today. We covered 350km's through some gorgeous backroads of the Wheatbelt east of Perth.  (I will post up photos of all the cars in a separate thread).

IMGP4118_zpsml5q3ngb.jpg

IMGP4113_zpso3nnmdly.jpg

IMG_1686_zpsidku058t.jpg

IMGP4183_zpshm4y2hba.jpg

IMGP4192_zps7sltwkmf.jpg

IMGP4191_zps30fpvlul.jpg

IMGP4190_zpsqi6h95wc.jpg

Very happy now that I have the original wheels on the car.

Bryan, that is a sensational looking motorcar but then again I am biased just a touch because our cars could be twins with the exception of interior colour and the bee-sting rook antenna :D

Really looking fantastic, its great to see these magnificent cars not only on the road, but looking almost as good as they did 30 years ago. I drove mine again yesterday and every time I do, I sit down into that very unique driving position, touch the accelerator and listen to tthat 32 valve v8, I just quietly nod to myself, yep.....if you own a 928 you know what I mean.....

People used to say to me "You only talk up the 928 because you don't own a real Porsche" so I went and bought a GT3 to shut down that argument; my response to those Tossbags  now is you can kiss my ass. Given the pictures I have seen of that gorgeous 911 of yours you have the same right of reply. 

Love the number plate btw

Ha ha sorry about that!  Just give in to the dark side, you know you want to. :D

Looks stunning @Diamond911, you and @Ozvino are spoiling us at the moment :wub:

Your time to buy is now @Peter M :)

Thanks Adam.

Bryan, that is a sensational looking motorcar but then again I am biased just a touch because our cars could be twins with the exception of interior colour and the bee-sting rook antenna :D

Really looking fantastic, its great to see these magnificent cars not only on the road, but looking almost as good as they did 30 years ago. I drove mine again yesterday and every time I do, I sit down into that very unique driving position, touch the accelerator and listen to tthat 32 valve v8, I just quietly nod to myself, yep.....if you own a 928 you know what I mean.....

People used to say to me "You only talk up the 928 because you don't own a real Porsche" so I went and bought a GT3 to shut down that argument; my response to those Tossbags  now is you can kiss my ass. Given the pictures I have seen of that gorgeous 911 of yours you have the same right of reply. 

Love the number plate btw

Thanks Dave. It's amazing how similar our cars are and both in sensational condition.

I was blown away by the interest and appreciation of my 928 yesterday on the car run.  I had so many people come up and say how much they loved it and how good it looked on the road. Each time we stopped the car behind and in front always commented how good it looked in their rear view mirror or how good it looked from behind.

You're right that the each time I drive it I have a big smile to myself as well. I drove it in to work this morning so a perfect start to the day.

Wow, great looking 928, you must be very pleased! 

Thanks poli84. I'm very pleased with it especially now with the factory wheels on it rather than the Cup II's.

Looks stunning!

Thanks KGB. 

.....and one more for good luck.

IMG_1678_zpsrjtc0tfk.jpg

People used to say to me "You only talk up the 928 because you don't own a real Porsche" so I went and bought a GT3 to shut down that argument; my response to those Tossbags  now is you can kiss my ass. Given the pictures I have seen of that gorgeous 911 of yours you have the same right of reply.

Love it.

Won't be long and some of the front engine cars will be on parity with the 911's and people will be deciding which way to go.

The dust has barely settled on the 944 and I'm already teasing the mrs about which one i'll get next :P

These 928s sure look great particularly in the dark blues and blacks. 

Keep the the pics coming gents, they look stunning.

Archived