WANTED - 911 Roof

JonoF

7CDD3CD6-902D-459C-9F04-2633A4F002DE_zps

I have a very very sad 911E coupe that was turned into a cabriolet by the previous owner.  I am restoring the car back to it's original condition and need a roof (plus a heap of other stuff!).

A link to my alarmingly aspirational build thread on this forum is here: http://porscheforum.com.au/topic/9046-disrobing-klassssy-de-959-ing/ 

I am in DESPERATE need of a roof (cut like the above) or a cheap shell which I can skim the roof from. 

I have cash, a trailer, and am ready to travel pretty much anywhere. 

Please please please let me know if you have anything lying around or if you know a roof that your sister's boyfriend's brother's friend's dad owned! 

Cheers

Jono

Thanks for the lead Spannerhead. I contacted the seller a few months ago and he was not particularly keen to assist with shipping the Sydney. :(

I might try him again though because my searches in Australia have all proven to be scams. 

Gents

Unfortunately, in my desperation to source a roof, I was scammed by some douche bag via Gumtree.  Lost a descent pot of cash buying a non-existent stripped shell in Qld.

However, fortunately, a reputable parts supplier has found me a perfect early narrow body roof with full rear quarters for my car. Not cheap! But at  least they genuinely exist! 

@Spannerhead @SteamWolf @Coastr - thanks for the advice and offers to help look at stuff. If you ever need someone to check stuff out in Sydney, I'm more than happy to assist. ;)

Have you tried "porsche-a-part" in Victoria?

They are Porsche wreckers and have a TON of 911 parts and shells .....

they do have a roof section but sunroof only, though it's easy to reskin. Thought the price was reasonable.

For a full top quarter cut though, they will only sell the whole shell, and it's very pricy.

they do have a roof section but sunroof only, though it's easy to reskin. Thought the price was reasonable.

For a full top quarter cut though, they will only sell the whole shell, and it's very pricy.

Affirmative. I contacted them about a roof earlier this year. I showed them the roof cut I wanted and they told me I'd have to buy the full shell. The cheapest narrowbody shell they had was $18K. I nearly fainted. 

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsche-cars-sale/927830-81-sc-tub.html

Jono, do you know anyone in Florida who can validate this for you?

Nice spotting! Good to see I'm not the only one that trawls the forums for parts. ;) 

I think I have secured a roof and quarters now, but thanks for spotting this one. Legend. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived