Whats the best 996 Sports Exhaust

Arnage

My mate with a 996.2 Man wants a louder exhaust note, the car is his daily.

He wants an off the shelf product that does not break the bank but happy to pay for quality. Not chasing more power, just a louder note.

Would he just be changing the rear silencer? Something like the Cargraphic one?

He wants an off the shelf product that does not break the bank but happy to pay for quality. Not chasing more power, just a louder note.

Value for money, Dansk win hands down. I picked up my super sound from Autohaus and they were much cheaper than anything else on the market. The super sound were way too loud. Below is their sport version. This guy even gives the part number. Exhaust is always personal taste but I think this has a nice clean sound to it also. Autohaus Hamilton can get them in if he's looking for an Aus seller

Poli

I have just done the PSE hack on my C4S & it has made a significant difference. It essentially turns the stock muffler into a Porsche Sport Exhaust (PSE) but without the switch to turn on & off. I had a shop here in Cairns called Tuff Muff (don't laugh) do the mod same day & took me only 90 mins to refit. Personally, I could stand it to be louder. No drone & quiet when on tick over & cheap as chips.

Thanks to all who put forward opinions on solutions to get a better sound. I may well go with a new system in future but for now this ticks the 2 boxes, better sound & low cost.

Cheers

Ian

Poli

I have just done the PSE hack on my C4S & it has made a significant difference. It essentially turns the stock muffler into a Porsche Sport Exhaust (PSE) but without the switch to turn on & off. I had a shop here in Cairns called Tuff Muff (don't laugh) do the mod same day & took me only 90 mins to refit. Personally, I could stand it to be louder. No drone & quiet when on tick over & cheap as chips.

Thanks to all who put forward opinions on solutions to get a better sound. I may well go with a new system in future but for now this ticks the 2 boxes, better sound & low cost.

Cheers

Ian

Hi Ian, Thanks thanks for your suggestion. I'll put this suggestion to my mate, see if he is interested. Ball park price? I'm sure it is a lot cheaper than the roughly 500 UK pounds for the Danks.

Hi Ian, Thanks thanks for your suggestion. I'll put this suggestion to my mate, see if he is interested. Ball park price? I'm sure it is a lot cheaper than the roughly 500 UK pounds for the Danks.

Cost me $240 all up

• 2 weeks later...

Poli

Cheers

Ian

I did the same on my 996 a while ago (noted on the previous page).  Interesting in that it sounds good, but not exactly like the Switchable Porsche Sports Exhaust that comes as an option of the same year.   I've heard the PSE on a couple of 4S's, and it sounds far better.   So there must be more to it if you want the exact sound.    Anybody know the difference??

• 5 weeks later...

I got a gundo hacked 2" bypass put on my C2 996 last month. 

Its the same as a fister - sorry, i should have taken photos before it was fitted. 

The welding cost me $200 and it's not as straight forward as it looks. It requires precise bending of the bypass pipe. 

it's nice on startup but between 3000 and 4000 rpm it's too loud for my liking. In hindsight I should have used a 1- 1.5" pipe but I kept the stock mufflers so I can always revert back 

You can make the call but it's exactly like this clip but a bit louder in real life 

• 2 months later...

I've got these.  Very popular in Europe and UK.  Very happy with them, just the right amount of extra noise without being too intrusive or antisocial.  Make the engine note almost air-cooled too.

http://www.carnewal.com/products/P96/p96219-6sp/Carnewal-GT-Exhaust-for-P96-6speed-Made-from-new-and-original-mufflers

Can anyone recommend a place in Sydney?

I got my bypass welding done at Tuffy Toned and it was $150 for the welding only. It wasn't the "prettiest" of jobs but I couldn't fault the workmanship. He did openly say it was the first one he has done. 

Archived