Fuchs Restoration Sydney

Stardust

Cracks in spokes is exactly why I'm sending them down (and a bad out-of-round rim).

Taking the chance to clean, machine polish, and paint the lot just in case there are other sneaky cracks lurking.

ok thanks, will follow with interest! will try depulu, then if no go will ship them down if you get good results with your mob.

will never go back on my track car, but should be fine  for street is my thinking.

Bad news. Crack in the 16x8 is terminal and they won't re-weld it.

Just ordered new Minilite Fuch repros.

For what it's worth, original forged Fuchs in the same size (through Porsche) are $8k a set (with some change for a beer).

Out of my set, that leaves me with one 16x7 and one 16x8 in good condition. Anyone want to buy them?

:(

Hi all,

I'm seeing a lot of cracked Fuchs wheels which is just metal fatigue from repeated loadings from normal use over a long period of time.

The cracks will develop at a point where the material has the highest amount of stress.

No secrets there.

Unfortunatlly welding cracks can lead to further stress around the heated area through uncontrolled heating and cooling of the material from the welding process.

I have many customers that keep there genuine Fuchs in boxes and use my wheels for normal use as its hard to pick the difference.

One other point, 16" Fuchs are made of a different alloy from the 15" wheels

For this reason anodising will not adhere well to 16's wheels.

That's why there are so many 16's with polished lips, not anodised.

Cheers Cameron

• 4 weeks later...

Archived