Turn your 986 Boxster into a 991!

sandy468

Picked up the August 911 and Porsche World mag whilst in Bangkok and aside from a great comparison of 997's, had the gobsmacking article/advertorial of a new 991 kit....seen weirder kits back in the day......Hope the article come up large enough to read.

IMG_3641.jpg

IMG_3642.jpg

You'd never get your money back of course and it would always look odd next to the real thing... but that never stopped a few in the 70's 80's doing those stupid looking kit conversions... cant quite remember the cars but a few can chime in with the worst kits....I seem to remember something Japanese being turned into 308 Ferraris  or Dinos......

• 4 weeks later...

I don't know about these kits. They have the same effect on me as copy Rolex's etc. They scream "I'd love a 991(or Rolex), but life hasn't worked out as well as I'd have liked". 

I'd just prefer a really nice clean, original 986 Boxster. I think people respect that more than trying to be something you're not. I remember seeing an immaculate E30 318i the other day and thought "Wow, what great little car". However, if the dude had an M badge stuck on the side I would have just thought he was a tosser. 

Old Boxsters are going cheap in the U.K.  At least this keeps a handful on the road. 

A bloke I met before my gig in the KFC carpark (I was starving!) and we got talking about his Boxster. A 99 I think. Black paint a bit faded, but it did look reasonably clean. Actually looked good with some black wheels. Bought it for $6000 and passed a roadworthy no problems. Seller was desperate to sell. They're out there

My first Porker was an 03 986 2.7 manual and I loved it. Great handling and sporty enough when you have a dig. Even at $10k, what an awesome daily that can still do road trips and carve a twisty when the mood takes...

Archived