Hyundai engine in a 911!?!

MFX

Just read this article about Bisimoto putting a Hyundai V6 into a 911. What the!?!

http://www.carbuzz.com/m/Article.aspx?Id=34935

Kill iiiiiiiiiiiiit!

Seems like some people just aren't happy with the factory offering!

http://jalopnik.com/some-maniac-shoved-a-5-0-liter-mustang-v8-into-a-porsch-1786407613

There are a few getting around with Audi V8s in them

All of those other builds sort of makes sense (at least to some), as they are maybe a cheaper more powerful alternative. But the Hyundai??? I would go the tried and true LS swap over that every day of the week (if I had to swap to something other than a P engine).

All of those other builds sort of makes sense (at least to some), as they are maybe a cheaper more powerful alternative. But the Hyundai??? I would go the tried and true LS swap over that every day of the week (if I had to swap to something other than a P engine).

Can one not get around 400hp out of the Hyundai V6? I assume much more cheaply and probably reliably than a 911 engine. 400hp should be enough for most people.

Can one not get around 400hp out of the Hyundai V6? I assume much more cheaply and probably reliably than a 911 engine. 400hp should be enough for most people.

I am sure you probably could get 400hp out of a Hyundai engine, but you can get that from a whole heap of engines. There would be a lot of other engines I would use before a Hyundai 6...

What if the Hyundai V6 was designed by German engineers but given an Asian name?

They have got 750hp out of one

Fair enough it might be a good engine. Maybe I am too much of a brand snob to put Hyundai in a Porsche.... :( 

Fair enough it might be a good engine. Maybe I am too much of a brand snob to put Hyundai in a Porsche.... :( 

hey at least your honest and I agree with you...I only like 'in family' swaps.

On the Hyundai engines...a friend of mine has been doing Hyundai excel racing, they get quite a few herbs oit of a mostly standard excel engine, which has to get inspected and sealed to qualify.   I forget the number now but pretty respectable for a pretty plain old inline 4.

We have 2 Hyundai's, my wife has the Veloster as a daily, haven't had a speck of trouble with them and my 2ltr i30 goes like the clappers, good cars.

Dare i say Hyundai may be the new Toyota, there's a lot on the road, must be doing something right.

We have 2 Hyundai's,

Same here ; The Accent has lasted 9 years and onto the 3rd son now (& on original clutch , lol) , not a single problem. Wife has had the SUVs for the past 6 years , though I may encourage change next year (for a change, even though she is perfectly happy). Hyundai got its act together in the mid noughties when Toyota were having problems. That Lexus beating Genesis has won some very high accolades and looks and goes very well by all accounts.

As for engine swaps , well the Polo motor should horrify the brand snobs? 

I for one couldn't stomach an American V8 in a non American car. I must be a snob , but I don't like maccas or starbucks either!

Same here ; The Accent has lasted 9 years and onto the 3rd son now (& on original clutch , lol) , not a single problem. Wife has had the SUVs for the past 6 years , though I may encourage change next year (for a change, even though she is perfectly happy). Hyundai got its act together in the mid noughties when Toyota were having problems. That Lexus beating Genesis has won some very high accolades and looks and goes very well by all accounts.

As for engine swaps , well the Polo motor should horrify the brand snobs? 

I for one couldn't stomach an American V8 in a non American car. I must be a snob , but I don't like maccas or starbucks either!

I am not knocking Hyundai's at all, and I have even considered the Excel race series as a great cheap way to get into motorsport. But I prefer to keep engine swaps in the family. I am surprised I haven't heard of a Cayenne V8 in a 911...

I am not knocking Hyundai's at all, and I have even considered the Excel race series as a great cheap way to get into motorsport. But I prefer to keep engine swaps in the family. I am surprised I haven't heard of a Cayenne V8 in a 911...

Apart from the loads of various 911 iterations , what inbred engine swaps are going on out there? Not many putting a 4 cam into a 356! Or a 944 into a 928. Or a Panamera engine into a Boxster. No , seems mostly to be people going the cheap route eg the Polo engine in a 912. And the other horrendoplasties mentioned above.

Archived